1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frisco, Tx

Discussion in 'General' started by Gixxerguy855, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Well, after much debating and research it appears that Frisco, Texas will be my new home after retirement from the Marine Corps. Luckily my wife has a lot of family there so I at least know someone. I look forward to meeting many of you at the tracks around the area. I’m already watching the YouTube videos to see the venues.

Anything else around the area that’s a must see or do?

Thanks!

Fencer likes this.
  2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

You have the entire DFW at your doorstep. You will not run out of things to do (although track selection is limited right now).

Joe Lopez likes this.
  3. twin ty

twin ty Well-Known Member

I have lived in the Frisco area for about a year now. Shoot me a PM for more info.

4. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome to the "check of the month" club!

5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

If you like to golf just let me know when it warms up again. Congratulations on the retirement.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yikes! You do realize that @panthercity and @Orvis live pretty close to that area. Are you sure you want to move there?:D

On a bright note, you are close to Cresson which is a fun little track. Congrats on the retirement!

backbone likes this.
  7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Thanks for your service, enjoy your retirement, you deserve it.

CMRA 270, R Acree and Yzasserina like this.
  9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Just moved from Frisco in July after 48 years in the area. I watched it go from three farms and five whore houses to what it is now. Its a great place and your money will go a long way but the traffic is unbearable now that Toyota and Boeing have moved in.

Thank you for your service Marine.

Joe Lopez and CMRA 270 like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Where any of the whore houses named "Fonda Dix"?:D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  11. Gixxerguy855

I have heard about the traffic issue from family living there. I wonder how close to SoCal traffic it will be? Watching the track videos from down south is great, quite a bit different than what we have out here. Looking forward to it!!

Thanks for the kind remarks.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup::crackup::crackup: The whorehouses! :crackup::crackup::crackup: Never thought I'd see those mentioned here.

Traffic here is NOTHING like LA. Once you know the times to avoid what roads, what routes to take to get from A to B at what time of day... even what lane to be in where... it get's pretty easy. My job is basically driving around the northeast quadrant of DFW all day, and once you get it figured out, it's cake.

Gixxerguy855 and CMRA 270 like this.
  13. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Most of North Dakota goes to Frisco for the FCS football championship when the Bison are in. And sometimes even when the Bison aren't in. There's usually beer and liquor shortages that weekend, just be aware.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Oh the questions I asked my Mom when I was 16.

What is a modeling studio?
    Why are they in the middle of nowhere?
    Why are they converted homes?
    Why are there fences all the way around the building?
    How much do you think it costs? :)

[​IMG]

CMRA 270 likes this.
  15. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Seems like there are more people on here from Texas than I thought. Who would be up for a Daytona 200 viewing party in the DFW at a bar?

16. twin ty

twin ty Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Welcome to our neck of the woods.:clap:
    Frisco is actually about 40 miles NE from where Panther and I live. (We're West of Ft. Worth about 25 miles)
    Frisco is also about 60 or so miles NE of Cresson and the track there. It's also been a few decades since I've been to So Cal so I cannot attest to how the traffic stacks up there now but from what I remember, Frisco is a piece of cake compared to that. :D

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  18. Gixxerguy855

Absolutely would be in!

19. Gixxerguy855

You all are great. It’s a scary time in my life to be starting over in a new place after 30 years in the Corps. Little tips make it easier to figure it out.

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Will you be making reserve meetings and, if so, where?