1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Paula Deen!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jun 20, 2013.

1. I was basing my opinion on Paula Deens ignorance. Not the article.

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm curious. Why specifically would you consider her ignorant?

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Her accent, probably. :D

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That great felon, Martha Stewart, wasn't hurt by robbing thousands through stock fraud. Why should Paula Dean suffer forever by having a potty mouth? :D

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

A multimillion dollar cooking empire built on "Ignorance"...there are a ton of peeps on this beeb that should be so lucky.:crackup:

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

and i would base an opinion that the majority of the Obama supporters are ignorant as well.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Voting for cradle-to-grave housing, medical, and nutritional support is not necessarily ignorant, just disgusting.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I vote for insanity.

9. She's got some racial issues, obviously. I think that if you are in a position that is a public eye and have built an empire, of sorts, for yourself then you do what it takes to keep it. First lesson. Keep your mouth shut.

Have an opinion ? Keep your mouth shut. Don't like something ? Keep your mouth shut. Unless you've based your career on yapping and flapping and pissing people off. Then have at it.

Yes, that accent isn't making anyone sound intelligent (that's just a Californian opinion nothing based on reality). Ill dip just a little into the racial thing because I'm just not qualified to speak on it very well. Here goes.

Racial tensions exist. Got it. Some people still don't like other races. Got it. But going out of your way to have slave style parties is crazy. That just lends to her using money and power to really being a horrible person. Being successful in this country doesn't make you intelligent, reasonable or important. Being a human being does. She's a foul and grotesque example of what has become popular in this country.

In short be a moron. But do it in your head. As soon as you let it out expect to be judged. Expect to lose what you've been able to create for yourself. That's makes a moron.

Btw . I heard her speak once. Accent and slang aside, she's not got a lot going on up there.

10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

correct me if i'm wrong, but shes being persecuted for something she said THIRTY YEARS AGO. And all this came out because of a DEPOSITION where she was sworn to tell the truth, correct?

11. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

??

12. First, and clearly, I'm not buying she only used the word once recently and only told some racial jokes. Secondly, if you don't know that a racial joke can make you lose everything your a moron.

To drag this out further. I think that she wasnt the genius behind her fortune. The money given to her was used to create a business. The business was actually built by her brother after he successfully created his, sold it, then moved over to help her.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She's white and Southern, so she must be a horrible racist, eh?

Sounds like bigotry. Sounds like stereotyping.
    Sounds just like what you accuse her of.

14. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Please tell me you keep doing this on purpose?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"I is what I is and I ain't gonna change."
    :D

I don't think anybody who's neutral on this believes she said it just once, 30 years ago. You have to be a supporter of hers to believe this.

That's my understanding of the situation.

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Other than bubba's oyster house, what other business(es) is Earl involved in with Paula?

17. I'm blaming the ipad

18. You forgot old and loaded. The quartet that leads to racism. Duh.

19. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Unfortunately, that is how it works. Public "justice" is not something that is applied evenly and/or fairly. One person can get away with huge offenses while others are crushed after the smallest mistake. With Paula Deen, it is the perfect storm. She is southern (hated by MANY for that fact alone), a very successful woman (hated by many for that fact alone), white (ditto), highly famous/visible (ditto again), and also accused of exhibiting/supporting/condoning both racist and misogynistic behavior in her company (instantly hated by many liberals and feminists).

Take all that and mix in a climate where northern/liberal/feminist/media feel attacked (and in need of retribution) as their golden child under performs in the White House. Perfect storm.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator