1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frank Thomas Leathers

Discussion in 'General' started by JeffninjaR1, May 9, 2008.

1. JeffninjaR1

JeffninjaR1 Here until I'm not.

Can anybody give me an opinion on these leathers? I tried some on the other day, and they fit me pretty well, but I haven't really heard about them, and have seen mixed comments from other boards.

ANybody here use them?

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

3. JeffninjaR1

THank you James Walker. Have you tried them? THe price is really nice.

4. james walker

nope, haven't tried 'em. my current kobe's haven't blown out yet

i, too, was just wondering if they were worth a crap...after seeing 'em in an ad.

5. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

I have a two-piece set, and used to have a one-piece set. They definitely don't compare to my Alpinestars.

My better half has a two-piece suit, and they didn't crash very well. All of the seams in the butt of her pants came loose in the crash.

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

THey are on the cheesy side...a set of Kobe's from 888fastlap is a way better deal. They're under $500 and are proven to be race-worthy.

7. james walker

and in my case....crash worthy. :)

8. JeffninjaR1

Seems like basically, they are ok leathers, that you can probably get 2 crashes out of, if the crashes aren't too bad. Keep an eye on the stitching.

I only get to the track a few times a year now and just can't talk myself into dropping a grand on leathers. Thanks for the input.

9. JeffninjaR1

I have seen the Kobe stuff, just haven't looked into them yet. I can put hands-on the FT stuff, which is what prompted the question.