1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frame sliders, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nathan Seethaler, Mar 19, 2019.

1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

1st, what the hell is a "crash bar" Jim? Just how old are you???
    2nd, what does Aaron know?
    3rd, miss you guys..

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Do it up right.

[​IMG]

TurboBlew and Newyork like this.
  3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Looks like Shervin is at work again.

K51000 likes this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They haven't made the solid frames for a while now.

K51000 likes this.
  5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Shervin?

6. I had two low-sides with frame sliders mounted. First one at VIR I ran off the track onto wet grass, and low-sided when I tried to brake. The bike slid on the wet grass, with basically no damage. I don't think the sliders made a difference one way or the other.

Second was a low-side in Turn One at Summit Point during a rain race. Bike smacked the pavement right on the slider. Minimal damage to the bike other than a slightly bent triple clamp, but the impact on the slider bent the mounting bolt. It was a real bitch to replace.

My unfortunate experiences with high-sides indicate that frame sliders aren't any help.

7. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Let me start off with the easy option first and if that doesn't work then I'll jump into the more difficult stuff. Right, so lets start with punching a whole through my frame and ensuring that I will never be able to sell this bike in one piece.......ever..........just to install frame sliders.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

They were great as highway pegs when I had my F4i years ago. Saved a ton of bodywork/tank damage on my FJR when I dropped it at a stop sign (don't ask).
    Depends on the crash and the surface that the bike is sliding on...assuming it's just sliding.

9. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

+ 1 on this. I pit next to Eric Wood one TD and he kindly offered to let me try a set of these out on my 07 gsxr 750. I wrenched them off his Zx10 and popped them on my bike. Been on there since, tested once turn 5 NJMP slid nicely.

IMG_0440.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the new Zuks are pretty beefy

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Clean looking 07. How did you integrate the tank with that piece of plastic that filled the gap between the tank, seat and frame?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

Shorter just past the bodywork or just under the bodywork seem to work pretty much all of the time with the least amount of damage being done by them.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed on the bars - just be absolute sure to check them every day/weekend though. Seen a number of issues with bars rotating, you guys put a lot of pressure on them when braking. More than you'd think.

I've seen the bike airbag somewhere.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Thank you sir...I love my 750. That is a full tank cover actually so it’s all one piece. Those are Chinese plastics believe it or not compliments of Auctmarts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Please tell me that shit is photoshopped...

Newyork likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everything I've seen says it's a real pic but of an already trashed frame they're using to mess with people.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:crackup:

That is masterful.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, troll level 100 for sure :D

19. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I'd say troll level 90, 100 would be if they actually managed to install the frame sliders in there.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point. Would it hit 110 if they got someone else to do it that way? :D