1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Outage

Discussion in 'General' started by 13x, Oct 3, 2004.

1. 13x

13x 13x.com

Sorry for the long forum outage. The server is in bad need of updates so I decided to upgrade it last night. Since this forum is HUGE (the sql dump is over a gigabyte) it took for ever to backup and move.

I would have had it back up sooner but I had to go dirtbiking and then I had to watch the 250 race. Of course I couldn't miss the moto gp race and, well, you get the idea.

I've moved it over to a different server which isn't quite as fast so please be patient with us. I'm going to upgrade the OS on the old server and move it back next week.

13x Staff

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

No worries...thanks for the hard work!

3. 418

418 Expert #59

I'd be nice if you didn't do that on one of the most exciting race weekends of the year. :rolleyes: :Poke: :D

4. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Thanks for the update Jim...
    the news and the server.

No need to answer but WERA does compensate ou for this right? If not I'm sure a collection can be gathered!!!

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I was jones in!:D

6. for sure!!

7. hdrk2006

hdrk2006 Well-Known Member

Seems to be running quicker this morning. Yesterday when it first came back up it was like being on a 1200baud modem about 15 years ago.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought it plot by Mongo to drive everyone insane. :D

Would have been the best joke of the year. The day of the world superbike final and also the day the Qatar gp was shown. Would have been a classic slay. :D

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I am just coming to terms with it now.

Damn rough night. :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For me it's dead slow. At home on dial up and in the office with a high speed.

Oh well.

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Slow DSL at home. Slow T1 at work. :down: That's it. I'm bailing! :D

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup, I've been beating the crap out of my mouse all morning[it makes me feel better]:p :p

13. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

I cant stand how slow it is, it sucks. by the tikme you get caught up on whats been going on you have to do it all over again.

cant wait until the new server is working

by the way thanks 13x (jim and staff??)

14. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Too much info man! :D

15. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

KABLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Score one for RacerGirl! :D

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah but......

I am looking a picture of Jess's kitty:p

17. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

WOW, slow isn't the word. Moooolllllaassssessss runs faster. I thought it was my computer.. thanks for the info!

18. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

On cable modem and its taking about 45 seconds for a page to come up. :mad:

19. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Looks like someone shortened the thread size per page to speed things up. :clap: Could also disable Avatars for the time being until it's flipped over to the speedier machine. That should reduce some hits if they are stored in the DB.

-Steve

20. cinderellla

cinderellla Guest

The overall load time for pages has decreased too much for thread length to be the sole determining factor. The board's flying for me, now.