1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fork Tube Extensions???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by whitarnold, Feb 12, 2016.

1. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

What is the point of Fork Tube Extensions, unless you want to raise you front end some? How do they install?

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Superstock legal way to modify front-end geometry. Most common example I've seen is on GSXRs, which are often raised up a lot in both the front and rear.

I never looked closely at mine, but they look like long fork caps. I assume they replaced the stock caps.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You just answered your own question o_O

You remove the stock fork cap and you replace it with the extended one that gives you more clamping surface to move the fork down lower.

[​IMG]

4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

You don't get as much as caps, but in the old days you could shorten the top out springs to gain some length.

5. ezekiel2015gsxr750

ezekiel2015gsxr750 New Member

How do you install them on the big piston forks. 2011 and up GSXR

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You mean when using the stock BPF internals? The only ones I've ever seen were made by Yoshimura R&D and I think they've been discontinued. Not very many racers apparently stick with the stock BPF internals

[​IMG]

7. ezekiel2015gsxr750

ezekiel2015gsxr750 New Member

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

There is one other option than the Yosh caps for the BPF. But, yeah, if you're at the point where you want caps, you probably have different guts.

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

If you find some and install them, just remember to turn your setting all the way to the limits one way or other before putting them on. I had some installed at a shop and could never get my left and right in sink. it took Thermosman 5 seconds to know the issue and fix it for me