1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fork extension 2015 zx10r

Discussion in 'Tech' started by samizx7, Jun 28, 2020.

1. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

i am doing a fork swap of 2015 zx10r to 1994 Kawasaki zephyr , i need the fork extension about two inches. where can i get the extension that goes on top of the forks, i see some online but they add about 25mm, i need double that.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2 inches is a bit much to ask from cap extenders since most people don't need to make geometry changes that drastic. You could look into getting the forks internally lengthened by a suspension shop. On its own or in conjunction with fork cap extenders.

3. samizx7

i do not want to get into extending fork internally. the stuff i see online are usually for gsxr. i know both forks are kyb so do you think the gsxr extension (12+) would fit 11+ zx10r.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Negative, the 2015 ZX10 use Showa BPF forks, not Kayaba. The only fork cap extenders I've seen for these were the Yoshimura ones that they discontinued. But even these were only like 15-20mm, nowhere near 2 inches.

[​IMG]

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How about using gull wing triples to give you the height you need?

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Could make caps but is there enough clamping area for lower triple without getting in to different diameter?

JCW likes this.
  7. samizx7

I forgot about that. Caps would not work on zx10r because there is zero room in bottom triples as the fork is tapered. I guess the only way is internally. I contact factory connection and they could not do it. Any idea who does that type of work.

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Top out spring in those is just over 2". Taking it out would get you 2" but you would not have top out spring. Could also make new longer rod and adjusters and keep top out.
    Either way I am not sure how much is safe to do since bushings will get 2" closer to each other. May have too much flex and binding.
    I don't remember now but I think I extended set of those by 10-15mm.

9. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

I was told by traxxion dynamics you could not internally lengthen the bpf's. They did a great job on my busa forks.
    They should also have your fork extenders.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

are you doing this because thats the only forks you have or is there something not evident to a casual observer?

11. samizx7

i already machined everything to fit , including stock front wheel and made rotors spacers, so going in different direction is not an option. i do not need to gain 2 inch. i would be okay with 20-25mm (1 inch). i am going to install the front end tomorrow and see how the bike would set.