1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreign films.....

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Dec 14, 2013.

1. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

hmm, well I haven't read the complete Ip Man history, so I wasn't pissed off. Why would I be pissed? Did they not do a fair representation? I believe the movie stated that it was just based on actual events, not like it was a biography or anything..

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, like Ip Man was a real guy

Other than that, nothing else was true. The second one was even worse in that regard.

3. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

That movie gave me hope that i can survive a panther!

4. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

is there a biography out there that you read?

Just curious as I enjoy reading...I realize most movies take a lot of liberties with the subject that they are often portraying, but since I'm not to familiar with his story, other than what I've read online, I'd like to know more.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You don't have one?

6. pjed

pjed Well-Known Member

Let The Right One In, Swedish version...awesome vampire movie. Thought the U.S version was damn good too.

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Flame & Citron is a great WW2 based film, which I believe is based on a true story.

Head Hunters is based off a book by one of my favorite authors.

8. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

Anything by the legendary Jacques Tati. Good starting spot: "Trafic". Pure genius as work...

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Monsieur Hulot's Holiday :crackup::crackup:

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Try to find "Le dîner de cons", I believe it was marketed as "The Dinner Game" in the US. A 1998 French movie. Definitely one of the funniest movie I ever saw.
    Please ignore the stupid remake with Steve Carell and Paul Rudd.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As much as I am a fan of Road Warrior I just can't support Mel these days :(

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, if it ever shows up on a media you're already paying for, watch it.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Vous me parler?

Maybe parles but you get the idea :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Loved the books so actually gave them a try - missed way too much of the film.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Will do.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why not? He went shithouse coon crazy for awhile but he's still a damn good actor. There are many other "stars" out there right now that make him look sane, it is just that "the machine" like them more than Mel.

In the end I don't care. Not like I'm going to spend $15 for a ticket to see ANYTHING in the theater anyways. :D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are some pretty good reasons to refuse to spend any money on his stuff.

18. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Love foreign films. Never had a problem watching and reading subtitles (dubs are 9/10 awful).

Korean films (Old Boy for one) are extremely violent as well as modern Japanese films. Nothing like some Akira Kurosawa to put film making in perspective. Alain Delon stars in a few french detective/thief movies from the 60's/70's that are good.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't care about batshit, I do care about his true beliefs coming out when he went batshit. Just can't support psycho xenophobes.

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

As with all artforms, most of the time, the least you know about the artist's political views, the better you are.