1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who use Schick razors...

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 13, 2021.

1. I’ve had hell finding razors in the stores for some reason. I always see Gillette, but they can keep that shit.

So I went to order some directly from the Schick website and saw that if you sign up (just enter your email address), you get 20% off your first order.

Unless it’s changed, the discount code is “WELCOME20”. You enter it in the last step, on the payment page.

Since there was a discount on just this first order, I ordered 40 of the 4-pack blade replacements. That should last me a year or two.

It’s a good way to save money on something you know you will need.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You only ordered 40? Are you sick?

Rebel635 likes this.
  3. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

What kind of contraption do you use to shave your mid back? A razor duct taped to a bent 2014 GSXR 1000 fork tube? It's one of those hard to reach areas that needs a specific angle of attack.

HPPT likes this.
  4. Well, I didn’t want to order too many. First I wanted to make sure they would still fit on my razor and there hasn’t been a change to the design or some shit.

I make a real order next time. :D

5. I use a 5’2” Filipina. :D

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Why are telling us about this?

I assumed you ordered all the production for the rest of 2021, just to spite us all.

:D

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

A 2yr supply was his test order lol.

Seems legit based on the source

sbk1198 and Gorilla George like this.
  8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I just go to CVS and buy the disposal razors.

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Gillette>Schick

/thread

masshole and BigBird like this.
  10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Orders all the gawd damn bullets within a 1000 miles of him but only orders 40 blades. What! Da! Fug? :rolleyes:

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I have been ordering my from Harry's for years, shipped to my house. It was online only at first, but I have seen them at some WalMart stores recently. Great blades, great handles, great everything (face balm, travel case, etc)

R Acree likes this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

40 blades would last me freakin’ years. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup.

All the bells and whistles razors I've tried don't do any better than cheap Bic shit.

cav115, Sabre699 and motoracer1100 like this.
  15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Someone said to keep the blades submerged in mineral oil since it’s the edge rusting that fills them, not necessarily the shaving. Leaving them sitting exposed to air and water makes em rust microscopically.

I haven’t shaved in years. I just use my close shave hair trimmer to trim my beard.

cav115 likes this.
  16. :crackup:

But for clarity, I ordered 40 packs. Each pack has 4 blades.

160 blades. :D

17. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I find that I have much better results if I shave immediately after a shower...
    If facial hair is well hydrated it seems to make the experience a little less traumatic (staring at my mug in the mirror in the morning before coffee)
    YMMV

cav115 likes this.
  18. Is that really the best a man can get?

19. I shave in the shower.

But then I just leave the razor on the shelf in the shower, which I’m sure makes them deteriorate faster than they should.

20. I like a wide and really heavy razor. The razor I use is aftermarket, but it accepts Schick blades.