1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad they busted him.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Turn off JavaScript and you won't have to :moon:

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

how do you do that on an android phone?

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No clue. Never used one.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Real life Training Day (but wasn't that movie based on a real story anyway?).

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Interesting twitter thread showing a comparison of the media bias between two police shootings. I know both were discussed here. One was the kid in the hotel hallway (Shaver was suspected for pointing a gun out the hotel window) that couldn't play simon says and the other was Castille which was pulled over as a suspected armed robbery suspect. Both happened within six months of each other and during the BLM peak exposure. Both failed to obey the police orders. Each had different results for the police but I would say that correlation is not causation.

https://twitter.com/ZachG932/status/1137959355800805376

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Journalism is dead...Activism is thriving.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That kinda garbage has been going on for years but thanks for sharing. MSM thrives on the ole divide & conquer strategy and they know white people won't go ape shit over some ignorant white dumbass not following police commands.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hell yeah, man!!! Ignorant white dumbasses time was UP!!!!!!!

HIGH FIVE!!!!!

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’ve had some negative experiences with LEO’s, in my life. I’ve usually just ignored them, because I’ve also had some positive experiences, especially given I should’ve been written a couple times. However, watching “Live PD” has shown me some of these people have a SOP of manipulation. In the case of the OK State Police officer with the shitty tattoos down his arms, he’s just a flat-out prick. That show doesn’t shine LEO’s in the brightest light, when that career field needs all the help it can get.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think Live PD actually shows how much restraint the typical LEO has when dealing with the constant stream of shitty lying dumb asses they have to put up with every day.

YamahaRick and ducnut like this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's one of the things that gets me the most. So many people are completely ignorant of their rights (lots of leos are also ignorant of people's rights) and they think they just have to do whatever the cop says. The cops use this to bully people into submission day in and day out.

ducnut likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you really think the cops on Live PD are acting the same way with all those cameras around that the others do when they're on their own? Would you be interested in this bridge I have for sale?:crackup:

ducnut likes this.
  17. 2blueYam

If you think the dumb asses on the other side are not changing their behavior and/or reducing the reports of rough treatment, I have a bridge to sell you right back.

Another factor: as more law enforcement agencies require cameras and more of more of the population uses cell phones to capture LEO related events, the difference between Live PD and the rest of the LEO interactions gets narrower and narrower.

If the person ordering you to do something is armed and you are not, you should comply (within a certain amount of reason, as in if they tell you to jump off a cliff, probably best to not do that). It doesn't matter if that person is a LEO or not. To do otherwise is asking to get shot. If you feel your rights were violated, the time to complain is NOT when the armed person is telling you do do something. Duh.

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Ask for a supervisor, in that situation.

19. 2blueYam

If the weapon is aimed unholstered, comply then ask for a supervisor. Most of the time, if the weapon is drawn, a supervisor is probably already on the way. I don't think my local city police even make a traffic stop with just one car. There was a man with mental issues that wandered away from his caretakers and was walking down the middle of my street. Four marked and one unmarked car showed up before it was over.

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

One of the things that has saved me, in my CMV, is a windshield-mounted camera tied into a data recorder. Last year I got stopped in a tiny town in KS. Officer Fife accused me of running a red light. He was coming toward me and was ~4 blocks the other side of the intersection. That light has a notoriously short yellow (which he acknowledged), I was 3mph under the posted speed limit of 25mph (which he acknowledged), I was ~15’ from the stop line when the light changed to yellow (which he disputed). When he kept throwing it in my face I ran a red light, I politely told him there was no possible way he could make that call from four blocks away, in the dark, from the low seating position of a Crown Vic. He then conceded and said I was close to running it. I said “If I was close, you’re actually saying I didn’t actually run it and, therefore, you have no right to pull me over. Right?”. He shook his head “Yes”, but, kept on me. I told him I didn’t have the time to waste arguing and to write me the ticket, because I had hit “record” on my data system, which automatically overlays all data onto the camera footage. I told him I’ll contest it in court, with the footage and my employer’s attorney. He immediately changed his tune, apologized for bothering me, and sent me on my way. His bullshit stop cost me enough time to upset my delivery appt, which pushed me into an additional day.