1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hey, outrageously high IQ guy, can you at least entertain us and explain what your criminal justice major had to do with your profession now? Is that simple enough for you to handle/answer?

I won't even harass you about the likely unsuccessful attempts to become a LEO.... but honestly it makes me laugh, just a little. I'd guess either the background or psych did you in.....lol

Unlike you, I don't pretend to be an expert of all things LE related. In my region, police academies typically run 20+ weeks.... just another detail you're wrong about....genius.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Fuck

You

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Wow...... that reply was soooo highly intelligent I might need to find someone local on par with your IQ to decipher it for me. :crackup:

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This is a train wreck I can't stop watching.

That being said, some of the personal attacks are crossing a line, IMO. Pretty classless to bring up someone's ex-wife in every other post.

Ryoung - "you have the right to remain silent".

jase, SpeedyE and ryoung57 like this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why the fuck should I give you a real answer? I don’t owe your bitch ass anything. Where are your credentials? Where’s your history? You’ve never done anything but say I’m wrong. You do not offer a counter hypothesis. You do not attempt to support your own arguments with any sort of facts, sources, or examples. You’re totally full of shit. I’d be surprised if you ever accomplished anything in your career besides just putting in the time, and even then you probably milked it with fake overtime, workers comp claims, to union grievances, and all the other tricks worthless leeches like you use to avoid being held accountable.

So, you guessed it,

Fuck

You

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Chris, Newsshooter, R1M370 and 4 others like this.
  7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You can obviously see it isn’t just poor ryoung being attacked. He’s on the offensive plenty in here ... and other threads. For a guy claiming to just want open dialogue, he spends an awful lot of time stating everyone else is too stupid to waste his time with. It’s not that people disagree with him. They’re just “ducking idiots” that can’t grasp his superior intellect.

In other words, this whole thing is just one giant shit show on all sides.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It didn’t start out that way, but when the monkeys start throwing poo, sometimes you have to throw it back.

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

If the requirements to get into LE are low and pay is as low as you guys are claiming in your areas, then I can see where you might not get good people into LE. Things in MN aren't that bad and we have a lot of good cops here.

First you need a college degree, then academy, and pass all the background checks and psych tests, then the big departments MPD, SPD have their own training. Plus there is competition to get a job so you have to stand out. Starting wage for MPD is just under $70K (don't recall exactly). There are suburbs that start higher but you can't get into them without previous experience. It's a long process that normally weeds out the unwanted.

I've seen guys go to other states because of this and start LEO jobs. Is this state's requirements perfect? No of course not but higher standards and better pay have done a good job of attracting the right people.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He brought it up first as proof of his knowledge of all things law enforcement - otherwise we'd never have gone there.

XFBO likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Doesn’t justify the leap to “this must be because of the divorce”.

jase likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't see that one, my leap is it's all because she's going out with a cop now.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well if you were an astronomic IQ guy running a multimillion dollar company and set to retire a millionaire at 50, that would probably sting a bit, losing your wife to a lowly public servant.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It does make more and more sense as we go along :crackup:

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dicks - all of ya! What burns my ass is that I can't really set it straight at the moment because of the bullshit I mentioned in the divorce thread:mad::(:mad:. But on that note, I'd really appreciate it if you'd please drop the ex wife crap for the time being.

16. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Not sure what I’d do because I’m not not will I ever be a police officer .

I know one thing I wouldn’t do tho. That’s jump into a fight or physical altercation with a deadly weapon still on my side and easily accessible.

I don’t think you can make the statement “they just want to get away” either.

If they are willing to get physical what else might they do especially in the heat of the moment ?

No way I would take that risk . Cops are always expected to control themselves yet we make no such demands of the one they are dealing with . Call me whatever you want but even if the cop is wrong you aren’t gonna win that argument on the street.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not talking about somebody attacking a cop. That's not usually the way it goes down. What tends to happen is the person refuses to comply so the cop has to go hands on and the person resists (think of a kid who doesn't want to be spanked). The logic of "I had to shoot them because it was too dangerous to use non-lethal force because they might get their hands on this gun that I brought with me" doesn't really hold up does it? Getting into the "even if the cop is wrong" thing is a much, much larger discussion than even this disaster of a thread can cover, because for most of the people who get into those situations, it's not an argument you're going to win in court either because the judicial system is so twisted up that unless you've got a ton of time and money there's virtually no chance you'll be able to beat the charge, but if you do you'll most likely be ruined, having lost your job, savings, etc in the battle.

And I still think some of you guys aren't giving modern retention holsters the credit they deserve. There was a lot of push-back on these things when they came out because it's hard to get the gun out when you know what you're doing - it takes a lot of training and muscle memory, let alone when you're a bad guy who has no clue. Different models are different but you have to open/move the strap, then push down on the gun and either twist or tilt it in the holster before drawing up, and sometimes have to depress a button. Here's a link to a good description of several models. http://www.bluesheepdog.com/in-pursuit-of-the-ultimate-retention-holster/

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Most decent sized departments in MO seem to start around $40k, maybe a little more. With OT and a few years worth of raises $50+ is attainable. However, a quick internet search shows several rural depts offering as little as $10/hr. Think about that for a minute. That's less than the starting wage at Wal-Mart or most fast food joints:eek:.

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

If that's true...wow.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why wouldn't it be?

Full Time Police Officer
    City of Duenweg, Missouri
    Duenweg, MO

Apply on LinkedIn

2 days agoFull-time
    $13 an hour The Duenweg Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer. Qualified Applicants Will Possess These Minimum Requirements At least 21 years of age P.O.S.T. Certified Current on continuing education Benefits Include Health insurance - 75% employer paid Life insurance - 100% employer paid Employer contribution retirement plan Starting pay $13, based on experience All benefits and compensation based on qualifying events and eligibility Applications can be picked up at Duenweg City Hall or Duenweg Police Department during business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. They can also be printed from the City Documents page on our website www.duenwegmo.com. License • P.O.S.T. (required)

Police Officer
    City of Osage Beach
    Osage Beach, MO

Apply on Government Jobs
    Apply on Glassdoor

Over 1 month ago15.25–22.88 an hourFull-time
    Employees assigned to the Patrol Division are responsible for responding to all calls received through the communications network from an outside emergency services source or self- initiated, enforcing all federal, state, and county laws, and City Ordinances. Maintaining order, preventing crimes, and making arrests. Upon assignment may train officers, conduct investigations, and perform related work required.The following examples are meant to be illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive: • Patrol areas (selected or random) in an effort to heighten the visibility of the Patrol Division, and to prevent or deter the commission of crimes. • Respond to calls for service, and render assistance to the best of the officer's capabilities as dictated by the amount of training received. • Assist fire, ambulance, civil defense, and all other emergency services and render assistance as needed. • Give testimony on court cases the officer is directly or indirectly involved in where the information is relevant to the case. • Direct traffic as dictated by the conditions ( i.e. accidents, traffic jams, etc.) and enforce traffic laws and ordinances. • Write accurate and complete reports concerning law enforcement activities, (i.e. accident reports, death investigations, thefts, burglaries) and ensure the proper distribution of same. • Constantly patrol the assigned area, except when on special assignments. • Report at the time scheduled, being alert and attentive to the orders and instructions given. • Inspect all public and licensed places within the Officer's assigned area, enforcing the laws, ordinances and regulations concerning their operation. • Devote the maximum possible time to the performance of the Officer's basic duty of patrol, calls for protection of life and property, and the enforcement of city, county, or state laws. • Examine and inspect assigned patrol vehicle at the beginning of tour of duty; during the tour of duty the Officer shall use the vehicle in a safe manner, avoiding hazardous or careless operation. If involved in an accident the Officer shall report the matter promptly, in accordance with City policy. • Provide service assistance and information to citizens when requested insofar as is possible and consistent with one's duties. • Ensure the civil treatment and the observance of rights of all persons that the Officer has contact with. • Be accountable for the securing, receipting and proper transporting of all evidence and property coming into the Officer's custody. • Be alert in efforts to discover and suppress liquor, gambling, narcotics and prostitution violations. • Through inspection, determine the security of business places after their normal working hours. • Familiarize themselves with conditions and persons within their assigned zone, reporting all potential trouble spots to a supervisor. • Perform other work related duties, or special assignments dictated by a Sergeant, Lieutenant, and the Police Chief or his/her designee. • Graduation from high school or equivalent. • Possess a valid Missouri Drivers License. • Possess a Missouri P.O.S.T Certification or currently be enrolled in a Police Academy. • Be a minimum of 21 years of age. • Be a United States citizen. • Be able to complete the Osage Beach Police Department's Field Training Officers Program.Knowledge of: • Federal, state, county, and municipal laws and ordinances.Ability to: • Operate a two-way mobile and hand-held radio. • Operate and show knowledge in the safety precautions of a handgun, shotgun, and other weapons issued or allowed within the realm of patrol. • Operate a patrol vehicle under normal and emergency driving conditions; evaluate and react accordingly to an emergency situation. • Deal with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and with respect for the rights of others, while exercising considerable discretion. • Analyze situations quickly and objectively to determine proper cause of action according to law, departmental policy, and common sense. • Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, other agencies and the general public. • Use extreme discretion in determining the validity of a violation, due to the tourist's and visitor's lack of knowledge of the area, laws, and problems encountered within and around the jurisdictional boundaries of the City of Osage Beach
    Hourly Pay comparison

City of Osage Beach

Airport Police Officer
    SAVE
    C
    City of St. Louis
    St. Louis, MO

Apply on LinkedIn
    Apply on Glassdoor

Over 1 month agoFull-time
    Airport Police Officer View all jobs Apply Salary • Minimum: $36,660.00 • Maximum: $54,860.00 Normal entry salary is $36,660. Applicants meeting the minimum experience and training requirements will start at $36,660 and have their pay advanced to $38,324 after being granted Class A certification by the State of Missouri. Applicants with a Class A certification from the State of Missouri will be paid an annual salary of $38,324. Proof of completion of P.O.S.T. certified training program (minimum of 600 hours) and Class A certification by the State of Missouri must be submitted at the time of the Written Test. Nature of Work Incumbents in this position enforce local, state and federal laws and FAA regulations at St. Louis Lambert International Airport. Duties include patrolling assigned areas, making arrests, conducting investigations and appearing in court as needed. For an additional description of this position, please refer to the classification specification for Airport...
    READ MORE