1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not seeing anyone say this is self defense. What I see is a fool that died because he was stupid. IMHO, the shooter should have been charged, but then all I have to go on is a video clip.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Barrel up, don't approach. :Poke:

R Acree likes this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m well aware that it’s the person on the receiving end of whatever threats who’s perception matters, but that isn’t an absolute. It has to be reasonable.

This guy stopped his truck, got out with a gun, and shot someone. If he felt threatened, he wouldn’t have stopped in the first place.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I love how you keep trying to call me stupid, especially when it’s your failure to understand my larger, overall discussion and hypotheticals that’s caused so much grief.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Close. A fool who died because he got out-stupided by the other fool.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well the other fool is still alive and doesn't seem to be facing charges so far. Which is the bigger fool?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Failure. To. Understand.

:crackup:

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You’ve turned into a total shitposting troll. I don’t think you’ve posted anything of value since you came back from your hiatus.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

True. I feel like there’s something missing here. I’ve seen a few discussions about this from gun/carry experts and they all acted like the shooter’s goose was cooked, but it looks like he’s getting off. Maybe there’s some audio that paints a little different picture?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You have to dole out the full story in small batches to get maximum clickage.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Odd, I was thinking exactly the same of your posts since my return. :crackup:

13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

When you stop your vehicle and get out....you just put on your boxing-gloves climbed into the ring for a fist fight. Mutual fist fight.
    That's the way it was before cell-phones, before everyone had 911 on speed dial w/ their i-phones. Before everyone was packing glocks. No shootings.
    If you got out of car, you accepted to mutual fight, if you stayed in the car, you didnt want to engage/fight. Everyone knew that, like left lane is for faster traffic....unspoken rules.

Stop, get out, pull gun.......that's millennial snowflake shit. MOre respect for staying in vehicle and continuing on, than jumping out w/ gun.
    Gun is to save your life, if you about to be killed.....not for adding inches to your height, in an argument/mutual-fist-fight. There, I said it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

There's no trying about it. You've gone intergalactic with some of your stupidity. I give two shits about your hypothetical scenarios, they are pointless and offer nothing to the discussion. I can "what if" you so much it might actually make you smart, but that would take longer than I am willing to commit and there is no guarantee of success.

Should fucktard #1 stopped his truck and got out? Nope. That doesn't absolve fucktard #2 for living up to his name and advance on someone with a gun pointed at him. Did he deserve to die? Nope, but he sure as fuck earned it.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nothing I've said is stupid. You're welcome to disagree, but opposing your narrow minded ridiculous viewpoints does not make what I've said stupid. Learn some fucking respect. A discussion should be "point/counter-point", not "point/haha-fuck-you-you're-wrong-dumbass".

What offers nothing to the discussion is self righteous assholes like you who think they have it all figured out - keyboard badasses who will sit back in the comfort of their safe homes and judge others as "morons who deserve what they got" without taking into consideration any of the other factors surrounding the incident or how the consequences, or lack thereof, will potentially affect future actions. Hypothetical discussions allow you to expand your mind and consider all of the different avenues a scenario could play itself out in. It's how people learn and improve instead of sitting stagnant.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did I miss where I said everyone pulling out a gun is a good guy or doing the right thing? Nope, didn't miss it as I never said it....

But gun holder being good guy or bad guy - if you run at them odds are not in your favor.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? Why do you insist that you know what these idiots are thinking? I'd be neither has ever remotely come close to even hearing the words rule of law :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The cop was right. This guy - no clue yet. I get why he shot at that moment, that part seems okay. Should he have had the gun out? Dunno. Why did he have a gun out of the truck? Dunno. Was he attacked by the dead guy before the video starts? Dunno. Did he stop on the street and jump out waving a gun at the other guy walking down the sidewalk doing nothing? Dunno. Doesn't change the shot guy being an idiot.

I can't remotely say if the shooter is overall right or wrong, just that in the video at that moment he pulled the trigger, that part he did no wrong. Could have easily done lots of bad shit to get to that point that will get him jailed.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Have you ever been around criminals, trailer trash, etc? They're some of the very first to quote "the law". :crackup:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, it does make the shooter right - at the instant of pulling the trigger. Being a dipshit running at someone holding a gun on you does and absolutely should get you killed. Just like being a dipshit jumping into a wood chipper or off of a cliff or any number of dumb things that will kill you.