1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, his body language shows he thought he was super badass even with a gun on him. Amazing level of stupid.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Wait, am i missing something?

So if you see someone you don't like, you can stop your car and point a gun at them. If they don't run away screaming...you should act accordingly and murder them in self defense.

WTF?

SuddenBraking and SpeedyE like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

When the dog was brought into the conversation I am only concerned with the circumstances surrounding the dog that lead to this confrontation. Dumbass moving towards a loaded weapon is still a dumbass regardless.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue what led to what. I am as I clearly said merely commenting on the video as shown. The dead guy kept coming at the armed guy and made a very aggressive move that easily could be interpreted as going after a weapon.

Haven't seen more than the news so no idea why the guy stopped his truck. no idea why he stabbed a dog or if he truly did stab a dog. He could have absolutely been the initial bad guy in all of this - at which point the dead guy leaving and calling the cops would have been a great move on his part. But he also could have had the other guy in front of his truck threatening him. No idea. I'll gladly opine on that part when it comes out :D

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s dirty!!!!

Remember that pie in The Help?

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about “if he pulls out a gun”? Would that be a decent way to tell if he was armed?

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What’s with this “blame the victim” mentality?

SuddenBraking and SpeedyE like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure, great way to do it as you lay there going "fuck, I should have shot him before he killed me"....

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stupid is stupid no matter if you're the aggressor or the agressee...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, you're posting too quick, that was to the pie question.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That's not victim blaming.

If I went to Africa to pet a wild lion and it ate me for dinner, who's to blame?

There's plenty of stupid to go around just from looking at the video.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You don’t think you can pull the trigger on your boomstick before the other guy digs his pea shooter out of his sagging pants, raises it, aims, and fires an accurate shot?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not blaming the victim. I'm telling you what I would do...flee. It's the same reason I can't stand slasher movies. If people would simply flee rather than opening the door, they wouldn't be dismembered.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

At the distance they were at, I could draw my weapon and put a round on target before you could identify what I reached for. It's not even remotely hard and it's why LEO are cleared to shoot people who make that motion, and it's why you are trained not to go for your weapon when drawn down by someone.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Isn't that exactly what happened?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue, not going to find out.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd have been on the phone to the cops and the news and anyone else I could think of before he even hit the next damn block. Stab my dog, pulled a gun on me...

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Flee then phone. You gotta live to make a call.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    SpeedyE likes this.