1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ah, the elusive perfection.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He's white, he can't be perfect.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You've got one hell of an imagination.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

This is the least of his issues. :D

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

No shit

But your buddies the majority of the time can't tell the difference

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I imagined you'd open up and let me :Poke: you, but you're hard to get.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Remember that old saying, don't stick your dick in crazy?

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yes but I didn't believe the old man

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Pretty sure that's sage advice we all passed up. ;)

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Why not a metal pipe? In fact, maybe he didn't have a stick since breaking his last one on the head of a pitt bull. Simply put, it was the anti-dog weapon that he had.
    This whole tragic situation is sad and it appears that no one acted absolutely correctly. I can understand the police officers point of view and I can also understand the subject's situation. Looks to me like one of those instances where the forces of fate came together at the wrong time.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You bring up a point that I've often though about in these discussions about taking someone out that has a knife and gets less than that magic distance of 21 feet. From what I hear people seem to think that if a knife, or a club, holder gets closer than 21 feet it automatically results in death for the target. (in this case, a cop.)
    One of the first things that I was taught in hand to hand combat training in boot camp was how to defend yourself against a person with a knife. It's not really that hard to do. I'm not saying that you will not get a cut but I see that being better than just blowing a guy away without any thought. I honestly don't know, maybe they just don't teach that kind of skill in the police academy.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Would you perhaps, describe your version of "authoritarians?" Are you speaking of LE?

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, today I heard a news story about a research group that interviewed several thousand college students across the US and found that just over 20% of them not only approved of violence against other people that did not agree with them, but a large portion of the students felt that violence was "required" to further those beliefs. :eek:

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Those that preach violence shall receive it...so it is written. :D

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Even if they don't see one?
    Is there any chance that the people calling in are wrong, or that the message transferred from the caller to the operator to the dispatcher might be wrong?

16. In Your Corner

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Would you want to bet YOUR life on that?

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

“..so quick to shoot.” - What’s the number of officers that draw their weapons each year? Whats the number of them that pull the trigger. Let’s say tazers and pistols can be included in that number.

“...quick to shoot.” - Yea, get back to me when you have actual numbers to back that claim up vs a bunch of hypothetical Rambo/Dirty Harry cops running around cities.

So if your friend is drunk and the cops show up. He starts acting stupid, you’re not going to intervene because you’re afraid of Dirty Harry. Some friend/family member, sounds like you’d fit right in with the ones that watched that man commit suicide by cop.

Unless you’re Rainman, you know what a pistol is. It’s something that can take life in an instant , why walk towards someone with a pistol pointed at you, LEO or not. The odds are significantly against you that it ends well.

19. In Your Corner

Um, the people around were yelling that the guy was deaf, and the cops paid no attention, so no, I would not step in front of them. (Nobody was drunk, don't change the context.)

Would you like me to repost the video of the cops blazing away at a guy laying in the street with a toy?
    Or the half dozen cops shooting up a neighborhood as they engage in a wild gunfight with nobody?
    Once they are pointing guns and screaming you'd have to be crazy to get in front of them.

This guy was not only deaf but evidently retarded also, so it's not hard to believe that he didn't have a death wish, nor did he understand that he would be killed.
    He didn't go home that night. No doubt he deserved it though, right?

As far as numbers, nothing I found would change your mind if you're in the "all shoots are good shoots" camp, so I won't bother, but as someone pointed out, there are tons of examples of these "isolated incidents" on record, and they seem to happen on a regular basis. Plenty are on video. I'm not imagining them.

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

People lock up instantly when they are hit with the taser. If they don't lock up, guess what, it didn't work.

But you're right again, why bother carrying them. Free lead for everyone!