1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For SV Pilots

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 3wfab, Aug 10, 2004.

1. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

Yeah yeah, I searched and searched and still am unsure so....

What are you using for a track day rear (160)?

I figure everyone is using the diablo/corsa for the front.
    Anyhelp greatly appreciated-

2. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Depends... if it's street and track, I've seen the Corsa rear/ Diablo Corsa front setup with good resluts. Pirelli has been iffy on when or if they'll make the 160/60 in the Diablo. If it's track only the Supercorsas are very nice.

3. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I've been using a Diablo 160/60 rear for two years (just ordered a new one a little bit ago), you must mean the Diablo Corsa? :confused:

I used a Diablo 120/60 on the front as well, but am going to try the Diablo Corsa 120/70. Getting tired of the front sliding while at full lean... :eek:

4. packfan

packfan El Presidente

I bought an SV and it had a Dunlop 208 GP that was a 150... I have had no issues w/traction in the rear and the bike feels so light turning it...

It is about a 70hp ss motor...no big HP....fwiw

5. MotoGPfan

MotoGPfan World Champ

I run the Pirelli slicks, but might be going back to the supercorsas. The rear slick looks like it is way too rounded at the edge of the tire before the sidewall. Some say that the SV rim is too narrow for a 160 tire....but the 160 supercorsas look better than the slick, not so round. For track day, i would suggest either the supercorsa or the slick, and then maybe swap them out for the street. I have supercorsas on my street bike and they are lasting quite a while.

6. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport Cups on my SV trackbike and like them. I'm pretty slow, but they feel good and wear great. They're Michelin's version of the Diablo Corsa, a track-biases street tire. I got them at a Sportbike Track Time day for 'bout $260. They're also used by some racers as an intermediate rain tire because of the siping.

7. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Yep, thanks.