1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale: 2004 MV Agusta F4 750 SPR #268/300 in So Cal

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by tirefriar, Jan 5, 2020.

1. tirefriar

tirefriar Well-Known Member

This is a very limited production MV Agusta F4 750 SPR #268 out of total 300 SPR production. At 146 hp the F4 SPR is the most powerful F4 750 produced. It was built only for 6 short months (June-December of 2003) to culminate the end of the F4 750 series production. There was only one color availabe, the flat black.

This is not a gussied up F4 but a distinct model within the series, produced by MV primarily for track use. SPR engine was equiped with a new cylinder head with re-designed combustion chambers, improved intake and exhaust manifolds, hotter cams, Mahle pistons with oil jet cooling, lightweight crankshaft. This resulted in 146 hp at 13,000 rpm. To improve performance on the track, SPR is equipped with a close ration gearbox. Depending on the final drive used, SPR's top speed ranged from 170 mph to 183 mph - not bad for a 750cc motorcycle!

Suspension upfront are massive 49 mm Marzocchi forks with titanium nitride treatment. Sachs Racing damper is in the rear and has a dual compression adjustment for high and low speed. Front brakes are dual 6 piston calipers with a single 4 piston caliper in the rear.

#268 is a strong runner wiht 24k miles on the clock. It does not overheat, leak or smoke and comes with a full service history with most work done at Pro Italia. It just had a $650 service performed at Jett Tuning which included new battery, fuel pump, starter solenoid and chain lube. The stand switch was intermittent and was disconnected which results in the N green light to remain on constant. Tires are ok but would recommend replacing if you will be tracking or just riding this SPR in anger.

It comes with an Ohlins steering damper, factory tool kit, owner manual, factory cover, service records and one key. It has a clean California title and registration that is good until 12.18.2020

This SPR is not a garage queen. It was down earlier in its life and with the exception of the the slight damage to the rear brake pedal and a cosmetic (no punctures or leaks) dent in the radiator (see pics for both). The rest is cosmetic, primarily the right side fairings are scratched and the front fairing has two small cracks - one just above the headlight and the other below the mirror which I found only after cleaning the bike. The windscreen has a small crack on the top. I have included pictures with the fairings off for better inspection as well as the pictures of the damages. This is a perfect track candidate as was intended by MV from the get go! Please feel free to ask any questions or request photos.

Priced at a very low end of the SPR spectrum at $6600 If you are looking for a cleaner SPR, #81 is up for sale not too far away from me for $19600 https://iconicmotorbikeauctions.com/auction/2004-mv-agusta-f4-750-spr-with-14-miles/

Call or text me at 818 822 8625.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Corsa, grandpanot and Newyork like this.
  2. 1994Eric

1994Eric Member

hey did you sell it?

3. tirefriar

Yes, while ago.

4. 1994Eric

1994Eric Member

figured, thanks

5. tirefriar

Bike went to Indiana. F4 of any specs/year are becoming hot commodity. I tried editing the post as SOLD but couldn’t find the EDIT button…

6. 1994Eric

1994Eric Member

Ya i've been seeing the prices creep up. I only really want the SPR but its hard to find. I almost had one in Vegas but someone put a deposit down before me. Anything I should know owning one of these?

7. tirefriar

These came with matte finished fairings. They don’t withstand wear all that well, cannot be polished. When new, SPR came with additional 2 rear sprockets with differing ratios and the RG3 exhaust (in addition to regular exhaust on the bike. These tend to get “lost” but in reality they would get sold off at some point of ownership. The RG3 exhaust is quite pricey. Lack of sprockets and exhaust impacts the price.

8. 1994Eric

1994Eric Member

ok thanks

9. 1994Eric

1994Eric Member

I found someone either selling your bike, or using your pics in Texas.

10. 1994Eric

1994Eric Member

Yup looks like it is your old bike, did yours come with the rear sprockets and RG3 exhaust btw?

11. pittmeister

pittmeister Well-Known Member

1994Eric likes this.
  12. 1994Eric

1994Eric Member

thanks! Idk why this new owner is saying he has the rg3 and sprockets. Plus he got the mileage wrong, ima have to pass. Not vibin that dude