1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Gawd's sake, please! they're looting the food king!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Nothing special. 2001 XCSP 600. My first sled. My captain on the FD sold it to me for a grand. It's super clean. It's basically the price of two weekends of rentals up north so I said to hell with it. If I don't like it, I can unload it for no real loss. XCSP.jpg

Banditracer likes this.
  2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You fuggers are getting all the fun stuff. Very little snow here in Montreal, but it's cold AF.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You got a deal on that. All those Polaris sleds ran great back then, one of my favorite sleds ever was a 2001 700 twin.
    How close are you to a trail?

4. Sprinky

If we get snow down by me in Madison, I'm about 1 mile from the trail. I have family up in Ironwood / Hurley and they're about 3 blocks away from the trail.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I've spent a lot of time in the Ironwood area, we used to stay in Mercer. I remember seeing a poster....."Ironwood, snowmobile capitol of the world"
    Hurley had a tittie bar....was pretty popular!

6. Sprinky

LOL - a tittie bar :eek: I call lower Silver Street Sniffer's Row. Lots of Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis girls make their year up there. God bless the Northwoods.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Welcome to NE WI ... where the men are men and so are the women. :D

blkduc likes this.
  8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Close ... where Men look like men and so do the Women :D

Funkm05 likes this.
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don’t know. Have you seen some the high school football teams round here? :crackup:

motoracer1100 likes this.
  10. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I am OK with no snow. At least it has been cold enough to take the bikes out on the ice. Glare ice is better to ride on anyway.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Thanks for the heads up, I hate coming home to a mess that needs cleaning.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yup. They just don't learn i guess. I wouldn't even take a 4 wheeler out there with how the weather has been.

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Yeah. My parents have a place up there on Berry Lake. I do NOT trust that ice yet.

14. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

We only got 8" would have thought it was going to be 48.

Always thought it didn't snow much below 32, and the colder the less.
    Watched a blizzard at -30 add wind chill and it was crazy.
    February 1989 was at Tahoe worst skiing experience ever. Cold, snow and winds.

Hope you never, ever see what I'm saying.
    https://www.tahoehistory.info/tag/emerald-bay/

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Looks like some snow for Saturday up here 1-3" or so, and then Sunday goes up to 44F with rain, so should wash that out and then down to 6F, a almost 40 degree swing :eek:

16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Yup nothing up here in Montréal but cold as F yesterday.... -19C with the Wind -28C... -2F/-18F !!! Brrrrr
    Froze my nuts off !

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We've got a predicted high on Sunday of minus one. Good day to watch football.

18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Rumor has it that I will get snow for the first time of the season this weekend.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Same here. 30 cm, cold and windy blizzard conditions. I say we're lucky if we get 15 cm. Weather forecasts are the epitomy of fake news.

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"epitome".
    I see you too suffer from false expectations (or you are sourcing your weather information from a bad spot).