1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

foot placement videos

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Short legs is a solid assumption.

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing posts about foot anchors. What am I missing? Running joke?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I keep seeing the thread title and wondering if someone is getting married and has to learn to dance.

4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Nevermind, I found the original thread about them. I wonder what happened with the idea? Looked interesting.

5. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Seeing this pic of Cam reminded me of this thread. That foot position is what I struggle correcting to, but it's obvious how it improves cornering clearance vs keeping the tip of the peg in the middle of the ball of your foot. I need to think of this next time I'm grinding my toe sliders through the carousel at Nelson.

Attached Files:

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I got to laugh when I see pictures of the pros at work. They take most things we teach the newbies and throw them right out the window. When leaned over at 60 degrees (who does that??) there's no room to put your inside leg out or to put your foot on the end of the peg. By the way, does that picture of Cam show stock foot pegs? If so it could be why his foot is inside.

7. KNickers

Yeah, it's a chicken and egg thing. If you're leaned over 60 degrees you don't need your knee out very far to be on the ground so your foot can be inside. I'll have to take the leap of faith and keep the foot on the inside, put the knee out as far as it will go and enter the turn fast enough to put the knee on the ground and I'll be going as fast as Cam. Easy peasy.

8. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Of course at higher lean angles the knee has to be pulled in, no way around it. The main thing is that his heel is "up" and not flat, which helps engage your lower body.

Ken

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  9. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

Pretty awesome.

Watch the Redding video starting at ~1:15. He goes from foot dangle to brake stomp :clap:

10. KNickers