1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

foot placement videos

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Well. Shit.

Nope. Never do. :crackup:

2. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Ain't no dragons here Tolstoy , move along :Poke::crackup:

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

<20 posts... :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

he likes the GP pattern! :D

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I had nothing to post here but I keep reading the thread as 'Foot Replacement Videos'....

Sounds gruesome.

6. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Seriously though, what I find interesting in the Petrux & Redding videos is their toes are mostly over the peg on the inside turns, with the edge of the peg rather than being in the center of the ball of their foot, it's more like the outside edge of the peg is about even with the "this little piggy had none" yet they still get the knee pivot that KHill is describing. When I put the edge of the peg in the middle of the ball of my foot like in the KHill video it feels more secure, but I go through toe sliders like crazy. So I cut off the heel guards and can keep my toes tucked for clearance and still pivot the foot. Just end up with boot marks all over the swingarm though. my $0.02

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Redding and Petrucci are also rather tall for racers - Petrucci is around 5’11” and Redding is over 6 feet. There’s a lot more leg to move around than some of the shorter guys, which may have something to do with it.

8. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Awesome thread. With re to the inside foot position, the main point is having your "heel up" to help engage the leg and core muscles. Rotating your foot, helps get your knee out but the more lean angle you run, the more you'll have to pull it back in. As far as where on the peg your foot goes - I like to get riders to use end of the footpeg peg, as it is a great reference point for your foot and you can really tell when it's engaged it and makes it easier to rotate around to get your knee out.....that said, the more lean angle you run, it becomes necessary to move your foot back in, or it will drag - but, that's at pretty extreme lean angles.

Ken

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  9. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

This is why I really love the Evol rear sets. The outside of the peg is big and spreads the weight nicely on the bottom of the boot with lots of grip.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Cool how Redding still is able to engage the rear brake, even in right handers, by keeping his foot in tight and using the lever without the toe piece.

11. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

What is Aoki riding in this video? He banged 2 up shifts at once for the longest corner.

12. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

I'd prefer it if I could stay on the end of the peg as it definitely feels more secure there and foot placement becomes a lot more automatic. When pulled to the inside for more clearance I've twice had my foot slip off the inside peg entering a turn.

Long legs may make a big difference, you don't have to pivot at the hip so much to get a knee down for a given lean angle, so then you can keep your foot tucked in for more clearance.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Shut up fool. We NEEDS our entertainment. Racing related threads ain't entertaining. Now, food related threads, threads about sports, animal related threads, and threads about grossly abnormal sized vah jay jays is where it's at.

The end.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Oh, and crayon threads.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. khill

khill Well-Known Member

HA! Exactly, why would we ever need to ride better?

17. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Still waiting for the Taylor Knapp video where his left foot is off the peg (doing the dangle going into a left hand corner) and his right foot is off the peg at the same time. Saw this close up in an endurance race at Pitt Race. Waiting for someone to explain it too!

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's what you'll need after using Foot Anchors.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Shez used to do this all the time as well. Even worse because his legs were much shorter than Knapp's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JBall likes this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

:stupid::crackup: