1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fontana roll call!!

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Feb 3, 2019.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I went and told evelyn that I was going to go home because of the rain and just told WERA to keep the money. But then the guys were shooting for contingency so Aussie Dave gave me a set of rains and away I went. First time ever in the wet. Did a 2:02 my first race couldnt see anything visor fogged up. Came back in the pits and drilled holes in my visor and that changed everything did a 1:46.. then the next lap crashed.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Boman Forklift and motion like this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So sounds like Aussie Dave needs to buy you a air bag suit....lol

track wagon likes this.
  3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Hahaha I may need one. But glad he gave me rains it was a blast riding in the rain glad I did.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I love Cali peeps they live in their own no rain world. Come to the GNF and ride in real world weather conditions this year.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The gnf will be 60 degrees and sunny all week thank you very much!

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I want to drink and smoke what you have!

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It was actually like that 2 years ago it was amazing...

8. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I saw that from my pit garage. Glad you are ok. Looked like you were going to get the bike and get back on it then realized you were in pain and thought twice about it. Hope to see you in Vegas.

track wagon likes this.
  9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Fogged visor ruined my first race also, I put zip ties around the bottom of helmet and that kept it open and worked. Dropped 8 seconds my next race and took 1st place. Us Cali people never get to race in this weather! Was super fun though! Turned a 1:42:0 in the wet.

10. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Ran back to shut it off hahaha!!!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I knew I should have given Tommy a list of rain hints for the riders meeting :D Duct tape over your nose/mouth works for fogging too without ruining a shield. If it starts to dry even a little keep it in the wet spots on full rains. :D

12. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Another way.
    Use Duct tape to hold the visor open about 1/8" (measured at the bottom). The turbulent airflow keeps the shield clear.
    Tape along the entire top edge, which will prevent water entry into the inside of the shield, from the top.
    Experiment with clear safety glasses if you wear contacts.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    track wagon likes this.