1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fonda tolerance

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fonda Dix, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I have been pretty scarce around here lately because I have decided to test the limits of my tolerance. After 48 years of being born in, living, and loving the great state of Texas, I am moving 700 miles. In less than two months I decided to move, sold all my race bikes, sold my house and got rid of my beloved Mustang GT. All this was in preparation for my move, this Friday, to the People's Republic of Boulder.

Expect some interesting posts from me in the future as I observe the limousine liberal in its natural habitat.

:D

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You and ganja dood sharing a studio and a vaporizer? :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Austin wasn't liberal enough for you?

TurboBlew and Fonda Dix like this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Nope, just the wife, kid and myself and one stinky Beagle.

The company wanted me in Denver but I chose Boulder just to give a little diversity to my life. Plus, I got a $3000 a month place for $1900 so I took it. I can do 12 months anywhere.

Whats the over/under on me ending up on Daily Kos or HuffPo in the first three months?

:D

The CHL process looks like a pain in the ass.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it is just a quick class and sign off from the Sheriff there. But it's been a while since I looked as my Utah CFP goes pretty far.

I'm going with you getting pissed at a hippy/telling one off within a month, but I'll give you 6 months before you end up on HuffPo. You'll be close to the Stanley Hotel too, so that is a bonus.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

6 months? In Boulder?

I give him 6 hours, and that's if he stays indoors for 5:59 of it!

brex likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The way he changes opinions on everything depending on the direction the wind blows, he's just as likely to be completely in love with the place in three months.

8. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

soooo, if all the second hand smoke from all the pot farms blows in on him, he might see things differently? :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You'll hate it inside a month and that will bring great joy to me for the remaining 11 months. :D

In Your Corner and TurboBlew like this.
  10. Fonda Dix

The responses are cracking me up. I chose Boulder because I have some family there, the proximity to DIA, and the proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park. I figure since I work out of my house or on the road, will shop outside Boulder, and leave almost every weekend, I will be ok. At least that is what I am telling myself.

Those real estate prices though. Woof.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I hear Denver's beautiful this time of year......and the beer flows like wine in Aspen.

turtlecreek likes this.
  12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Fonda, one of my good friend's son and his wife, and their dog are moving to Boulder this Friday also. Having been there a few times before I can almost guarantee that you'll love it there. The winters are not that bad and having those glorious mountains to trek through is like a magnet. You will never get the flat-lander blood out of your body though. The magnets of Texas are stronger than Colorado. You'll be back. :beer:

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You are gonna dig it.
    Red Rocks for concerts. Can't go wrong.
    In just a two week span in July you have Diana Krall, Lyle Lovett (to get your texas back on) and Tedeschi - Trucks Band.
    Next thing you know, you'll be hosting a minimalist blog like the MrMoneyMustache dude. :D

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Good friend works at Coors and has a place overlooking Red Rocks. Pretty cool to just sit on his deck enjoying a beverage while catching a free show ... at least, if you like the artist. Otherwise, I guess it'd be a pretty big PITA.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'll just wish you good luck.

16. mx3TT

mx3TT Well-Known Member

I don't know where you'll be living, but enjoy the peace and quiet while the students are on summer break. Boulder is a great place when it's not overrun by college students. I lived on the corner of 30th and Pearl for two years before moving out to Longmont. It really is a great area and the outdoor activities are endless. Have fun!

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have a friend who lives in Austin who's daughter went to UC Boulder. He is a conservative gun enthusiast that is in to bikes. Based on some of the stuff he has told me I think you may have some serious philosophical differences with many of the residents in the area. I would avoid talking politics around Boulder if I was you...:D

18. Fonda Dix

It's been crazy man. Since I saw you we switched from Springs to Boulder for higher academic quality.

I could live with Bernie Sanders and Nancy Pelosi if it meant a better life for my kid.

And my wife has already put a two year moratorium on any political talk from me outside of our house.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Let's hear it for free speech.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When he says he wants to get into his wife's pants, it's because they belong to him.

Orvis and Fonda Dix like this.