1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluorescent Lights Question

Discussion in 'General' started by SuddenBraking, Jan 3, 2021.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

To be honest, I've never been in a building with that high of a ceiling that did not have sodium vapor lights.
    So I could not say.
    Funny you should say something about Huffies.
    I have a competitor that's business is about to go under.
    Not only does he have a Masters Degree in business, but his claim to fame is that he worked for Huffy :)

pickled egg likes this.
  2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

that is clearly the exception not the rule. I’d check your power at the lights and also check reviews of the bulbs you bought. Good luck!
    Mine are kicking ass and looking great

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Same here, only problem I have is figuring out how to conceal the piggyback wiring.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I still don't trust LEDs, but that's obviously the direction everything is going. Too many variations/types out there. I'll be happy if manufacturers could settle on one power system(direct wire, ballast or driver), instead of everyone going their own thing. A T8 fluorescent is universal.

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Attached Files:

YamahaRick likes this.
  6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

https://www.amazon.com/Brillihood-Single-Fluorescent-Replacement-Dual-Ended/dp/B01J3FQROA

Those are the ones I bought. Looks like it was just over two years ago. Going to
    Try the Barrina brand this time I reckon. Voltage isn’t a issue, may be a vibration related deal (train tracks are 300’ away) or just they don’t like the cold weather. Seems like every cold morning I loose another one. They are all out now.
    Even if I have to replace bulbs every two years they still beat the fluorescents in my opinion. Just skeptical of believing how long they claim they last...

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

9. TWF2

They have 12 pack listed on amazon available. They are good. I have different ones in my other garage and are not as good as this.

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Those are ballast bypass lamps. If they are going out in <2 yrs, did you remove the ballasts and re-wire the sockets according to the instructions?

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

12. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yep, it ain’t rocket science.

Of course two years at my shop is probably 8400 hours of on time also.

14. TWF2

They claim 50k hours, 3 year warranty.

15. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

A lot of the issue with led failures are the electronics / driver components on board. The diodes themselves aren’t usually the fail point. The challenge in matching older and newer components from different batches. Regardless of manufacturer there is always variance in batches of diode components.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No he doesn’t. Double ended means line at one end and neutral at the other, shunted or non shunted won’t matter.

Single ended needs a non shunted tombstone with line and neutral at a single end.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Yes,this is what I meant and what I did, working well for me,I should've left the explanation to the experts.Thanks:bow:

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I was gonna ask him what the hell he meant but sounds like it’s just running power to the lights - thanks.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I can give ya the long winded technical answers on shunted and non shunted and line voltage inputs and bi-pin configurations if you want...

Or I can just fuck off. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Please don't,you have to save us idjits from ourselves:D