1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida peeps, car wheel repair

Discussion in 'General' started by lee955i, Nov 3, 2017.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

So, yes, got bitten by a pothole (yes, we have them in Fl..) and dinged a rim which will no longer hold air. Honestly doesn't look that bad but I have few local options. Any recommendations are welcome and, yes, I don't mind boxing it up and shipping it somewhere as it's been discontinued in my size:whoosh:. Ruff racing 954, 20 x 8 1/2, 5x115 +20
    Thanks.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

3. lee955i

Central, between Orl. and Tampa. Have a few places to check in Tampa that look promising.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

5. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Give Glenn's Wheel Polishing a call in Tampa.

Glenns Wheel Polishing, Inc.
    4715 N Grady Ave, Tampa, FL 33614
    (813) 882-0224

https://goo.gl/maps/Xr7Y8ia4tpH2

I know a couple of the Porsche and Mercedes dealerships locally use him to repair wheels and I had them repair a severely rashed OZ Superleggera wheel a few years ago that had been discontinued and impossible to find used.

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Long way to ship, but these guys did me right. They make and repair wheels. They made me 4 rims with custom width and back spacing for my 67 Nova. In business over 100 years.

http://stocktonwheel.com/

7. lee955i

Thanks, guys! Wills is the place I remember hearing about many times over the years fixing bike wheels, I just didn't realize they were semi local. Lots of possibilities, here!

8. lee955i

Since everyone always starts these threads and never concludes them, I will for once:D . Took it over to Glenns in Tampa. One day turnaround and good to go. Chatted with the owner for a few and he gave me a tour of the shop. Place was packed with Mercs and BMW's up on jacks getting wheels repaired :crackup:(it's right around the corner from an AMG dealer). So, $150 and I'm good to go. Thanks for the tips:D chally.jpg

badmoon692008 and Shocker like this.