1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is this opinion based upon extensive study of the law. Experience in criminal investigations? Watching three seasons of CSI Miami?

This approach does not seem very bright.

Apparently you ignored Dits explanation and are totally going off your opinion of a legal concept that was not employed in the defense of Mr. Zimmerman.

This approach does not seem very bright.

Effectively you are working off of pure emotion. Turn in your man card.

3. What gang was he pledging his affiliation to?

I don't know if he toted guns, but he didn't have one the night he was killed.

You have no idea what kind of a person Martin was.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do you?

There is enough information out there on the web to construct a profile that justifiably shoots down his portrayal as an innocent.

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

not even close to being a racist.

A. disprove what i just posted

B. Youve YET to answer the question about why you refuse to believe that TM did the confronting when the rest of us already know he made it home and then came back and attacked GZ.

Me, racist.........ROFLMAO! yea, THATS a good one!!

6. No, but I do know that he didn't deserve to die that night.

7. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

And, your comments about him not being a responsible gun owner, he actually did not pull his gun until his life was threatened, or did you miss that fact? I'd say he's a responsible gun owner.

You make it out like Zman confronted TM with the gun pointed at him.

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

And I have already told you what that instruction is and what the Fla. Stand Your Ground is.

I enjoy helping the beeb people understand law and it's ins and outs. But your outrage is making you unreasonably un-acceptive.

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

and BTW, you just proved a point. when a white guy points out facts like that, he's racist, when a black guy does it, what does that make him? Who do you think i found that statistic from? (hint: it wasnt a white guy)

10. I already posted the jury instructions that did in fact explain the "stand your ground" law explicitly to them, after the defense already painted a picture that they knew would fit the letter of that law. No emotion there, that's purely facts, but yes, in general, punks like Zman do make me angry.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Very few people deserve to die. Zimmerman made decisions that put Trayvon in a life or death situation. So did Trayvon. Unless you have evidence that Zimmerman chased a retreating Trayvon down with a drawn weapon, your arguments are without merit.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No, you quoted the words "stand your ground'. Dits has already refuted your logic. Those are facts. Your denial of them is emotional.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  13. "had no duty to retreat.... stand his ground" is the part of the law that I have a problem with, and it most certainly did influence the decision of the jury. If you have no problem with that, that's your prerogative, but I don't have to accept it.

14. According to FL law, unfortunately, that may be true. I already said that it's the law, that I have a problem with.

15. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

The defense painted a picture of self defense, not Stand your ground, because it didn't apply! just damn!

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

and you know this based upon????

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And self defense laws in how many states are effectively the same (remember, stand your ground is not applicable)? Are you saying you have a problem with self defense?

18. Todd, here's your quote again. Specifically the ridiculous generalization you made was that "the blacks in this country dont give a shit when a black kills another black..." and you go on to say that black teens being killed is proof of that?

I try to avoid name calling on here, even at times when people have called me names, but you are seriously fucked up, racist, and a part of why the "us versus them" mentality still exists in this country.

Seriously dude, you don't think black people care about black on black violence? There are plenty of black and white people working hard every day to figure out solutions to that complex problem.

You specifically mentioned Chicago. A lot of the violence in Chicago is due to gangs, and I personally have friends living there trying their best to fight the problem.

19. Not at all. I'm saying that responsible gun owners have a responsibility morally (in all states) and according to the law (in a lot of states), to avoid conflicts if at all possible. Zman didn't do that. The 911 operator told him to stop following and he ignored that.

20. LOL. It was the definition they were given in order to decide wether or not it was self defense.