1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing SV650 Throttle Assembly

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Babbagee, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Babbagee

Babbagee Member

I crashed on my 2007 SV650 few months ago and have finally gotten around to fixing it. During the crash the throttle assembly/master cylinder were damaged. I have never had to fix this type of damage so needed some help to make sure I am doing it correctly. I purchased a new throttle assembly unit but do I also need to purchase new cables or can I reuse the old ones safely? IMG_0766.jpg

Also, based on what can be seen in the image below the banjo bolts leading in the master cylinder are bent a little bit, do I just need to replace the bolts or do need to replace the entire master cylinder unit?

IMG_0761.jpg IMG_0767.jpg

I would appreciate any help. I have never performed this type of repair and would like to do it in a manner where its done correctly so I don't encounter mishap at the track.

Thanks!

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Wouldnt hurt to replace the throttle cables if you think theyre damaged.. can pick them up for less than $15 on ebay. As for the banjo bolt, obviously get another one of those, but check the threads on the bolt and master as well. If theyre stripped, replace the master, if not, put in the new banjo and give it a test run to see if it's leaking. Also check your lines to make sure you dont have any holes/pinch points (generally close to the fittings).

3. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

In addition to everything above, I would highly suggest a complete disassembly, cleaning, and inspection of the master cylinder, and rebuild with a new OEM piston kit. Brakes are too important.