1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Five stages of grief. Lost a buddy yesterday.

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Aug 30, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Sorry Garth. Very very sorry.

If they start a college fund for the kids. Please post that up.

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I suffered for years when I lost my brother in law and closest friend on a motorcycle ride. I second talking to someone. I didn't and probably should have. Good Luck and don't let the grief and anger eat you alive. The anger is normal, the feeling of loss and hopelessness is too. I don't know about five stages but I felt those the most and longest.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Sorry for your loss, and best wishes for the children left behind.........

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Going through and reading your responses greatly helps. Thank you all for the kind words of support. It means a lot. God bless. I was able to talk a little bit with his brother and a couple other mutual friends. Everyone is still processing things and working through it all while trying to move forward. Completely senseless. Tommy was a good dude and we all wonder how or if his ptsd influenced his actions etc. No idea. It was such a beautiful day Saturday. California weather. Such a waste.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Sorry for your lost.
    Everyone finds his/her own way.

You have lots of support here.
    Type on.

6. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Prayers for everyone. Sad

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Sympathy without platitudes from here in Tennessee Garth. There's just not much to like at all about how this went down.

8. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Very sad...sorry dude.

9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

My condolescences buddy.

I lost a fellow rider friend under the same circumstances many years ago... but he was along at least.

Again, so soo sooo sorry for your loss.

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Damn bud. Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and the kids.

Grief is a desert that must be walk through with bare feet.

11. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^THIS^^

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Make sure you let the steam out. My cousin, more like a brother, committed suicide in October of last year. I held onto it for a long time and when I finally let loose, it was when everything was quiet. Just him and I at his gravesite, I cried and sobbed and wished he was here. I fucking hated him for doing what he did but will forever love him for the memories and life lessons he taught me during our years together.

Here if you want to chat - Chris

R Acree and SpeedyE like this.
  13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Garth, I'd give you a big hug right now man. Keep your head up. Step in and help those kids however you can.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. Hate to hear this Garth. You’ll be pissed, then sad, then pissed, repeat. Sounds like a lapse of judgement and paid a bad price. Hopefully someone positive can take care of the kids which right now, even as emotional as this is, is the main priority. Well that and his other loved ones but kids take priority. Don’t know what I can do but post up if there is anything.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Sorry about your loss. The only piece of advice I have is to recognize that you will have to work through this in the way that is best for you. I got pretty pissed when people were telling me how I should be feeling when my brother passed. Reach out for help if and when you need it.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Sorry for your loss .

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thanks for the kind words and advice. It’s comforting just reading this thread. Thanks everyone.

19. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss and prayers for the family and yourself from me and my wife .

20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Sorry.

People do things that don`t make sense.

Sounds like they were great people.. Sorry for your loss.