1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first WERA round

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by DBConz, Jul 9, 2018.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

can someone PM me to answer some basic questions I have, or might think of later?
    Dont feel like posting them, because I dont want to get a "read the rule book" reply.

I'm a CCS racer, and wanted to try 1-2 rounds with WERA this summer.

Also hoping someone that knows me from CCS might be going, so i'd have someone to pit with.

thanks

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

What's rounds are you going to come to?

Feel free to shoot me a PM...ill try to answer as best as I can. Besides...you are posting in the "info for new racers" section, so people should take it easy on you... at least by beeb standards.

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

RTFRB!! LOL. Just kidding, Kurt can answer your questions.

r6boater likes this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Pm me Jim. We have almost the same bike.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can always email me at [email protected] I answer questions about racing pretty much all day every day.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Post them anyways.

Rulebook is one thing, but lots of items are not in there.

Like what time to be in line for registration and what docs to bring to tech

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, which is why this forum exists.

8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

• how do i go about seeing if my number is available: 105
    • since i'm only doing 1-2 rounds this year, i would be getting weekend licenses. how do i go about getting that?
    • if i'm a weekend licence person, can i not pre-register?
    • if i have to post register with a weekend license, do i just need my ID and CCS license?
    • what time do things start: registration, practice, races
    • how long and how many practice sessions?
    • what do you need for tech with paperwork? bellypan off, helmet...or all your gear?
    • is the security gate 24 hours?

any GSXR people, do you have to safety wire the 17mm nut in the center of the clutch cover? is it required for tech?

9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

VIR and NJMP

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

• how do i go about seeing if my number is available: 105 >>>>>> Send Sean a request VIA E-MAIL wera @wera.com
    • since i'm only doing 1-2 rounds this year, i would be getting weekend licenses. how do i go about getting that?>>> Cant answer but if your running 2 weekends I would just get your wera license and AMA Membership...
    • if i'm a weekend licence person, can i not pre-register? >>>WERA needs t answer...
    • if i have to post register with a weekend license, do i just need my ID and CCS license?>>>> I think so...
    • what time do things start: registration, practice, races>>>> On Double Header weekends all practices are before Lunch on Sat and Sun... Other full practice days on Fridays are pending track and weekend as well as who is running it....
    • how long and how many practice sessions? >>>>>>Usually 3-4 pending on Flags and Quiet time..
    • what do you need for tech with paperwork? bellypan off, helmet...or all your gear? >>>>>>>>Belly Pan off and Helmet only
    • is the security gate 24 hours?>>>>>>Depends on Track but if you have armbandby cut off most tracks are 24-7 entry except Jennings unless it changed...
    any GSXR people, do you have to safety wire the 17mm nut >>>>> Yes that needs to be wired....

Phl218 likes this.
  11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

I already am an AMA member, not sure if that's required for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Can someone else chime in too? Are all GSXR's wired at the clutch cover? Is there anything else that can be used (silicon glue)

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Membership application on wera.com
    Ama is good

No weekend licenses

Registration online until 5 days before event

At the track startung 7.30. Get in line early. Bring transponder number and membership card with cash. Or rent transponder
    Tech opens at 8. Bring pink registration copy and tech form with bike and helmet

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Rule book states that bolts can also be RTV’d if wire is not accessible

15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

There's no more weekend licenses? I thought that was available for part time racers before.

I own an AMB transponder already.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

- Email me about the number.
    - Weekend license is available, it's $50 - however a full license good for 12 months from date of purchase is only $80 if you've never raced with us before.
    -No online pre entry for the weekend license but you can mail/fax/email a form in
    -Yep, that's it for post entry and we'll have all the forms at the track.
    -Varies slightly, usually registration is open at 7am the first morning and 7:30 the second, practice starts around 8:30 - the NJMP schedule from last year is still on the schedules page to give you an idea of how the endurance weekends work - http://www.wera.com/schedule/?x=1098
    - for the sprint day it'll be two rounds each group, usually 15 or so minutes.
    - you'll get a tech from to fill out at the event, bring that and your receipt. Belly pan off and you can leave it in your pit, just the bike and helmet.
    - depends on the track
    - you can use silicone on that nut no problem.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Oops sorry about the weekend license

18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

any fuel restrictions?

is there a VP vendor usually there? would i need to preorder?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No restrictions, most tracks have pumps, if you want VP specifically you will need to pre order.

20. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

I've raced at VIR the last few years with CCS, so I know what's there at the track. I just don't know what vendors go to WERA events.