1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First WERA Event, Grattan Raceway, May 2013

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by tittys04, May 8, 2013.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

First of all I would like to sincerely thank WERA for putting on such a great event. The weather was great, the racing was awesome, and the addition of the best announcer in the Midwest just added a cherry to the top of this already nearly perfect weekend.

I've done track days for years, and I spent last year racing with the MCRA out of St. Louis. I have attended several WERA events in the past, and it has always been my goal to race with WERA. This year, I have finally found myself able to put together a good program to do just that.

My first WERA event, with the exception of a couple of small mistakes, went exactly as planned, and I was happy to bring home some hardware from the BSS and CSB classes. For the rest of the story, please click here for my race report posted on my website. I look forward to meeting more of you in the future, and racing more with WERA.

2. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Glad you and Ernie had fun! WERA is wee bit more intense than MCRA :D

Are you planning on making the Mid-Ohio event in July?

3. tittys04

It is definitely more intense... after my brake issues my first race, I was freaking out trying to get it ready for the next race, then missed the sighting lap of the next race... but luckily made it out on the 3 board and still got to race... WERA doesn't mess around with their schedule.

We are definitely going to Mid-Ohio. We talked about maybe taking that weekend off to see the AMA races, then do a track day on Tuesday and race on Wed/Thurs. You planning on going?

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I read your write up. Good stuff.:up:

5. tittys04

Barber this weekend, right? I can't wait to hear how that went for you. Good Luck! :D

6. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Great write up Eric and congratulations on the weekends results.

7. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Maybe just the vintage stuff on the SV. Not enough vacation time to enjoy the whole week which is a bummer. At least the drive isn't a killer.

8. KenC

KenC New Member

:up:
    Great job