1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time racing in 2017 - looking for WERA sponsor Louisville KY area

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by kscottg1, Nov 17, 2016.

1. kscottg1

kscottg1 Well-Known Member

As the title implies, I'm looking to start racing in 2017.

Also looking for a local subject matter expert to help me make the transition as smooth as possible, i.e. bug the shite out of with questions in regards to setup, registering, class requirements, etc. Someone that'll be out on the same grids as me - tracks within about 6 hours of Louisville.

I believe that person would get a small discount on WERA expenses acting as a new rider sponsor? They'll earn it!

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Louisville is right in the middle, do you plan on racing in the North or the South?

3. kscottg1

Both, assuming once registered for a region one's not locked into just that region. If that's the case, then I'll head south given the longer season.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

You will not be locked in to any region. You can run all of them if you like

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I have been teaching the North Central region New riders school and would be glad to answer any questions ( North Central runs at Mid-O, Pittsburgh, and Grattan).

6. kscottg1

Thanks Joe. Sending pm.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Louisville is good for the Mid Central too other than NOLA.

Either way, welcome to the madness :D

8. kscottg1

Right on, thanks! :)

9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I'm in Alabama, and will be running the Mid Central, so if you have questions about southern stuff I'll be glad to help.