1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time racer

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by obakerone, May 1, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You should feel funny a bunch then :D

2. obakerone

obakerone Active Member

Sweet! Got a little stack of 'documents' already on the side...PN License, ADI, temp AMA card.

I do have a question about safety wiring fluid lines. Since the bike still has all the factory stuff on it, do the fluid lines (oil, coolant, etc.) need safety wiring or are the factory hose clamps sufficient? If I need to safety wire the hoses, can someone send me a pic of how you did yours? I'm pretty sure I got everything else on the list but I'll have a tube of silicone glue just in case.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hose clamps are good.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are covered, but feel you should know this anyway. WERA tech officials really want to see you race and will bend over backwards to make sure you get out there, unlike some other organizations we've run with.

5. obakerone

obakerone Active Member

Well here it is after buttoning everything up and painting the fairings. Hopefully the number plates come in this week and I can get those on too. I think I'm all set now...I'll go over the motorcycle requirements one more time then load up and try to make it out there Friday night. What time will the gates be open on Friday for parking and for how long?

Thanks for all the input and advice, it definitely makes things move a lot smoother.

IMG_1037 50.jpg

[​IMG]

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss and I will be out there around 4 or so to open the gate/sell wristbands, after that it's open all night as long as you remember your bands :D

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I know, but it's more humorous to suggest that this forum is 99% anything but racing.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have to get out of general and the dungeon more often. :D

And it was funny :crackup:

rk97 likes this.
  9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I click on "new posts" most times.