1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time back after paralyzing crash

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Jun 1, 2019.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

So stoked for you! Way to battle through all that you've gone through to get to this point.

50Joe likes this.
  2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Fucking solid! Awesome, Joe. This is the pinnacle of never quitting.

cav115 and 50Joe like this.
  3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Bob, been a loooong time. Hope you and Tina are well.

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Way to go!

Awesome!

50Joe likes this.
  5. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

We're good, a few health scares on my end, Tina's semi retired and crazy motivated as ever, indoor skydiving and power lifting. I'll have to make it up to a track sometime to spectate.

RoadRacerX and 50Joe like this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Awesome for you!!!

50Joe likes this.
  7. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

You're a badass and an inspiration. Way to go!

50Joe likes this.
  8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I was there the day MarkB made his first ride. I wish I could have been there to see yours Joe. Many props to you for going back on track...I’m extremely happy for you man.:beer:

TLR67 and 50Joe like this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Congratulations on your victory.

50Joe likes this.
  10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

WOW....Joe, I'm overcome with happiness for you buddy!!!! I dont know how else to say it!

You're comeback story is nothing less than spiritual for me, I can only imagine how it feels for you.

I can see the "Old Joe" in your riding. You've passed me easily dozens of times at Road Atl, and every time I'd try to tag on, and just get hypnotized by your style, grace, and pure speed......

That is nothing compared to this sir........ Well done my friend, well done!

motion and 50Joe like this.
  11. joec

joec brace yourself

Man that outlap was slooow! Lol. But wow.. Incredible. If this doesn't inspire people in some way I don't know what will. And no question you'll drop time. I can't even imagine doing that after 6 years. Fantastic.

50Joe likes this.
  12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Congarats!

50Joe likes this.
  13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Incredible Joe! So happy to see you overcome. You're an inspiration, and I'm still wearing my Joe Pomeroy shirt! :cool:

50Joe likes this.
  14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

No parking lot test demo. Just got on and went straight out on the track. The whole first session and most of the second was REALLY slow. I tried to leave room on both sides of me for fellow riders and left my earplugs out so I could hear them better from behind. But, everyone was cool and on the third session I felt like I was actually really riding again in a proper method.

stk0308, Jon Wilkens, BigBird and 3 others like this.
  15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I can honestly say without any reservation that you are 100x the badass, manliest of men, toughest dude i could ever be.

turbulence and 50Joe like this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

I was going to mention that people worry about racing, but if anyone was to watch that video, the consideration people gave you, even going by at a pretty good clip, was super cool. Dude.... That took big balls to do. Very cool.

50Joe likes this.
  17. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

badass!

50Joe likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

So happy for you, Joe. I know it’s been a long road. Much heart. Much envy. Much admiration.

50Joe, joec and Banditracer like this.
  19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Here's a link to a video that Mark Merical put together. This has some video of my first session and when I came in from the first session. I did lose downshifting ability in the first session due to a loose wire. I was able to do the last 1.5 laps stuck in 6th gear. The FZ07 has great torque.

stk0308, mike574, Dragginass and 8 others like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting that. Nice to put a face with a name.

Now I know what Canadian Bacon looks like too. Saw metal head too.

Shenanigans and 50Joe like this.