1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally another V6, V7HW competitor

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Welcome Chris Onweiler to the party. Built the bike in about 5 weeks and will fit nicely with the Northern crew.

Unfortunately we will have to give him an old fashioned southern beatdown when he crosses the Mason Dixon line.

VFR#52, V5 Racer and nhammond54 like this.
  2. racerk3

racerk3 Well-Known Member

SKWEEEEE! SKWEEEEE!

That's how you Southern boys like it, right?

Seriously, I met Eric in AHRMA last year, raced him mano a mano and Gixxer a Gixxer under their ridiculously unfair rule structure, then built a V6 V7 bike and bought a WERA license just to come race HIM! Eric is a great guy to race with all day and sip a few with at night. WERA should make him a brand ambassador. I hope all y'all's real as E Boz. (Notice that all y'all? That and a gas station-bought Roll Tide cap are my Bamaouflage. A Yankee's gotta do what a Yankee's gotta do....)

VFR#52 and V5 Racer like this.
  3. Outsider V6 V7

Ahhh thanks Chris for those oh so kind words. As the self proclaimed Godfather of modern vintage racing I say welcome to the fray. As Eboz I say, now come down here and take your beating like a man. LOL

VFR#52 and V5 Racer like this.
  4. Outsider V6 V7

Chris is a great racer and while chasing the big Ducati at Gingerman I went from second to third, from third to second, second to third, third to first and first to second. That was the last lap and the last 6 corners. LOL Going to be fun.

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool!

6. Outsider V6 V7

Mark Junge will complete his AHRMA/WERA/AMA vintage bike sometime this month. So we all should get used to getting spanked. LOL At least this class is beginning to grow again as the rest of the world is in full swing for this generation.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to put Gas in it Chris....:beer:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I would just like to say you guys are welcome, I told him no way in hell on the Superbike TL :D

V5 Racer likes this.
  9. Outsider V6 V7

thanks for telling him it's not legal for V7 and V8. LOL

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, it is legal for V8 but his also legal 1k is faster....

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Shit!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. He's even Vintage himself.

Just be happy Tray isn't coming out on that TL :crackup:

V5 Racer likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I think Billy Odum (RIP) Bought his then sold it... I rode that thing at Talladega and OMG.... Night and day compared to mine... Does Tray have another one? Also heard Mark had one that his Dad built he was keeping.... Is this the one you guys are talking about? It would be nice to see more TLR's out there Win or Lose..... I had the only one at the last couple events...

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The one Mark has is the one Chris (his dad) built and I'm pretty sure Tray raced - it's not Trays Superstock bike by a long shot. I'd be surprised if it's not faster than the Yosh Superbike ones were.

TLR67 likes this.