1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIM Year in Review

Discussion in 'General' started by TSR, Jan 19, 2001.

1. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch Dave Despain hosting the FIM Year in Review. It covered Superbike and SuperSport.

If you haven't, I highly recommend it.(I'm actually going to watch it again if I can find it.) He recaps the entire year, with a complete hour of edge-of-your-seat footage.

Have a great weekend!

2. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

They've done a few of those: there's one for the AMA, one for GPs and the one you saw for WSB/WSS. I wish they'd spend less time duscussing the season in the studio, and more time showing things we missed in race coverage (Haga's HUGE highside in Superpole warm-up comes to mind).

3. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

I have the WSB review on tape, and it has a segment devoted only to crashes.
    My 2 year old stands a foot from the screen and screams OW!!! when we watch it.

I actually like watching stuff like back wheels off the ground braking, and killer passes more.

4. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to imply I only want to see people crash. That was just an example of a spectacular shot that deserves air time (no pun intended [​IMG]). Think of it this way: their cameras are rolling from first Friday practice through the last race on Sunday. There's got to be so much good stuff we don't get to see during regular race coverage...

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Well I would have watched it but....well you know the rest of the story. Anyone want to send me a tape? [​IMG]

6. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I have the entire AMA, WSB and GP500 seasons on tape. I'll rent them for a fee... [​IMG]

7. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

The AMA season in reveiw is going to be shown next on the 30th and again on the 2nd.
    Haven't caught it yet but waiting patiently.

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Just send one series at a time!!!! [​IMG]

9. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, I'm loggin' it in my Palm now.