1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figures the rats would gather around a corpse first

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tank Boy, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You think anyone would show up for a Damascus to Tehran to Baghdad race? HMMM. Might be worth looking into. Think I could get a race sponsorship deal with Camelmax?

2. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

....them tree huggin protestors..... yeah thems is a problem...

if you want terrorism...go to northern ireland...or the west bank....
    we don't have a terrorism problem....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  3. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

get me one of them dakkar ktm specials.... kick a$$...

maybe you could mount a machine gun on it??? just kidding...

I liked the pix.. of the military dirt bikes... but a diesel...

4. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Like it or not, arabs do think it's about oil and don't think it's about democracy.

If American companies are perceived to already be getting preferential treatment in postwar Iraq, that will really help win the hearts and minds. :rolleyes:

I am optimistic about the war itself but not the aftermath.

At the end of a 20 year dictatorship, a civil war is entirely possible. Iraq is a very badly conceived country.

The estimates I've heard are between two and five years of keeping troops in Iraq. The idea of getting them back before the US election campaigns start certainly seems unrealistic.

And beyond humanitarian aid, there won't be much help, since Bush isn't likely to risk going back through the security council.

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...amen brother.... US has a terrible record for nation building.

We have a long list of failures.

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Phillipines a front?

No, a few special forces does not a front make.

I would say Korea is more a front than the Phillipines.

The US had an outstanding record of rebuilding...Germany, France (unfortuantely), Japan, Italy, Spain to name a few.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And a damn long list of successes. Japan, Germany, The US :D, South Korea, and a bunch of others.
    I'd say our successes out weigh our failures.

8. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

hey chuck, how would you run the country? like bill clinton?

10. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

at least Bubba knew how to spell diplomacy....

nice to know we follow radical defense policy...Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld....

I wish Powell would start kicking some ass and use diplomacy...

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

answer the question chuck. how would YOU run the country?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

13. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

He's just a bit pessimistic :)

14. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

We wouldn't be in this mess...

I would have stuck to using the UN weapons inspectors. If any WMD are found we destroy them.

We had already won. They hadn't found any WMD. He was destroying the al-salmound missile they had. He can't do anything else because he is under a microscope.

Finally I would try Saddom as a war criminal, for gassing of the Kurds.

After Saddom is out of power, deploy UN peace keepers until a new government is put in place.

How would the result be any different??

my 2 cents worth.

15. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Afganistan is a disaster....we can bribe Turkey with all of that money...

We forget about who really needs it most, Afganistan. I think they should finish the job before moving onto something else.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

..and Rwanda? What is the heck does a humanitarian mission (under Clinton) that went very badly have to do with Nation building?

You should have cited Haiti or Guatemala, but you chose wrong and your don't get a second chance. Mail me $50 and never bring up the subject again. :D

As for the U.N. helping build a nation, you need look no further then their ineptitude in Chad, The Congo, Mozambique, Liberia, Lebanon, and Haiti (4th time may just be the charm).

17. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Okay Mr. Insane...please come with us peacefully and there'll be no trouble.:rolleyes: Yeah right, do you think he'll just let the world try him as a war criminal?

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

We don't have a terrorism problem because we are currently taking care of the person who will cause us problems and who has funded the terrorism attack on our country that happened on 9/11 (or did you forget about that attack?).

I bet there have been lots of other threats to our country that you and I don't know about.

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Do you remember the sticking point on the U.N. resolutions?

U.N. wanted to say "destroy all banned weapons by such-and-such a date" and that was fine.

However, France, Germany, et al, swore to veto any resolution that said "destroy all banned weapons by such-and-such a date, or we are going to come over there and destroy them for you."

All the U.S. wanted was a firm date to back up the resolution.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

20. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

gee wiz ....get over 9/11....repeat after me...the Taliban was responsible for 9/11.

We are at war with IRAQ because of Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld.

terrorism happens everyday in Northern Ireland and Isreal.

I haven't had a need for duct tape and plastic wrap....just a little dig at Brad for suggesting that this will help out in the event of a dirty bomb.