1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figures the rats would gather around a corpse first

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tank Boy, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I cannot believe those toe-rags. What a bunch of self-serving, self-righteous barstools.

3. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Frenchman about administering post war Iraq: "I don't see how American executives can work when their lives will be at risk," he said. "There will be such hatred toward Americans."

It should be interesting to see how the "post war Iraqi's" view the French... who sucked up to Saddam for decades. ;)

4. Tank Boy

5. edub

edub Well-Known Member

6. Tank Boy

Well, they didn't want any part of paying the blood, sweat, and tears for it, why SHOULD they have any say in how its run afterwards?

We sure as hell aren't going to allow the French to run things.

7. edub

edub Well-Known Member

Should be a joint effort by the UN period...looks a little suspect when we just take over....Iraq the 51st state?

8. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

It makes the most sense to try and get many countries involved as possible, preferably through the UN.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't think the US should have sole control by any stretch but I also don't believe that nayone as opposed to the war as Fance was/is should profit from it in any way. The 50+ countries that are tkaing a part in this war should be able to recoup some of their sacrifice by being a part of the rebuilding, not those who opposed it.

10. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

And look what Dick's up to. ;)

Good for him.

11. edub

edub Well-Known Member

Truly amazing. Doncha think its kinda wrong for politicians to directly profit from war? Kinda substantiates the whole oil war thing.

12. Knarf Legna

I can see how it might be viewed that way, but Cheney didn't pick Halliburton, the Pentagon did. I don't see how he's profiting as he divested himself of all Halliburton stock AFAIK.

BTW, I think there are only 3 companies in the US that even do this type of work, and they're all either the contractor or a sub.

13. edub

edub Well-Known Member

Kickbacks on top of kickbacks on top of kickbacks.

14. Knarf Legna

No evidence of kickbacks. Besides, as CEO he could have stolen gazillions Enron style but didn't. In fact, the only reason he sold his stock options (at a tidy profit before the stock collapsed) was due to pressure from groups crying conflict of interest.

He's a stand up guy in my book.

15. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Remember in "TOMBSTONE" right after the fight at the OK Corral, the Clanton's are scattered around and smoke is still clearing. Sheriff Behan comes up to the Earps and Holliday telling them they are all under arrest. :D

Wyatt says something like "Behan... I don't think I'm gonna let you arrest us today." :p

I wonder if they ever dubbed that into French.

16. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

"Officials in Paris say French firms' experience in working in Iraq would be an advantage. " ....... YA, working in Iraq, kinda like the Russians working in Iraq... :Puke:

17. Mats Karlsson

Mats Karlsson Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2003
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jackals. Won't fight, but want the spoils.

I'll bet the Iraqi's will remember who came in and fought to free them and who tried to blocked their liberation.

Anyone notice that the French and Russians are threatening to block the reestablish the "oil for food" program (with the UN and not the US administering the program).

19. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Gee wiz.... who is in power?? Just another politician lining his pockets....

Bu$h's buddies lining up to get Iraqi rebuilding contacts....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2003
  20. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I'd rather see that than the French and German "Jackals" (thanks Dave K, that fits!). I agree with Mongo, let the 50+ countries who actual did something profit first. The US put the most on the line, so IMO they should have the most say/profit, but all the 50+ countries should have a legit shot at it or say on how it proceeds. If the French companies don't like that, they should have talked to their prez who seems more worried about smokers than terrorists... :confused: