1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figured this might be of interest in here…

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by HPPT, Jan 2, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Nice Duck.... would like to see the final amount of into that bike

3. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Very cool Ducati and I am on video . So all good woot.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Lightweight Ringer

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Man, that's sweet.....thanx.

Maybe someday I'll get to ride one of dem fancy Ducatis. :rolleyes:

6. Duck150

You have you fool ..... to muck beer leeds to short memory lost .....

7. CharlieY

HA! Dam you are easy Bowie......Like a moth to the flame foo':Poke:

I enjoyed riding your 916 holmes, I am grateful for it, it was a lot of fun. I'm kinda hoping to do it again sometime.....even tho I broke it:confused:

The Duc from the OP is pretty frikkin awesome man. I now have a deeper appreciation for Ducati since riding Dougies. :rock:

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a pattern here.:D

Duck150 likes this.
  9. CharlieY

Hey....nobody is talking to you scudder!!!:crackup:

10. Duck150

Yup...Charlie is the only person I have know to blow a bike up on its stand........but mine was minor......

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Was he anywhere near your truck when Oladkowski's bike went up in flames by any chance?

12. Duck150

Yup.... smoking a cigar.....

13. CharlieY

Yeah man, and idling!....I still hate that 3 piece piston ring....even ol Dougie threw up his hands in disgust messing with it!

Scudder and Bowie gangin up on old CY.....I kinda like it, but I really need a challenge.....pffft:)

Robin, ya know it is funny you should bring the Rich Oda incident up, I never thought of it in this context before....it is kinda funny...lets have a look at the situation....dododlldododo (insert Waynes World squiggly lines here as we go back in time)......

That day of Odalowskis pit fire.....Going thru the esses at Road Atl,....racing an old acquaintance on an aera/HD.....I'm in front (of course :)), Rich O is alittle in front of us 2....just then Ol Rich slows and throws up his hand, fluid on my visor. I let off slightly and move alittle left to give him some room.....the HD, claiming to not see Rich or his hand up, never lets off, goes over the rumble strips, off the track, kicks up some dirt, comes back on and takes my rear wheel out.....I'm floating, "where'd my bike go? whered it go???".....I clear Rich floating in the air crashing (I waved), Impact with the ground, I'm slidin, bike is spinning on the ground, Keith Bennett swerves to miss my head, and I pop a couple ribs sliding over the opposite rumble strips (there are pics and a video somewhere).....SIDEBAR: It wasn't my bike! Kinda adds to your story Scudder!....I'd built the motor for the guy the week before and as a gesture, he offered me a ride.

ANYHOW, red flag......I get the bike up, get it running, ride it back to the pits....fix it (Thanx Dean and Donavon!)....eventually Retech, ready to run again.

ANYHOW....the red flag for my crash, kinda instigated by Rich's fuel leak, Gave Rich time to attempt to fix his bike, which is WHAT HE WAS DOING WHEN HE CAUGHT FIRE ON BOWIES ROLLERS!

BTW, I did make the regrid, and beat the guy who took me out, with my exhaust hangin off.

MORAL to the story?: I dunno man.....Maybe its if there are racebikes, destruction, crashes, broken bones, fires in the pits, a party to be had or beer to be drank, or any other good stuff.....I'm your boy Scudder!....watch the F out man:rock::)

I'm sure there is another moral you and Dougie can come up with, like that I did cause Dougies truck to catch fire.....but I'm going with the above.

Later gents. I had a tooth extraction today, and part of my jawbone came with it....the meds are good so I apologize for the rambling.

JBall likes this.
  14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Cubic dollars, that's all it takes.
    Full NCR front end
    Ti exhaust system custom fabricated
    Carbon fiber wheels
    Chris Boy built motor: 87 to 127 hp out of an 1130 cc air cooled twin
    Wet weight: from 370 lbs to 332 lbs.

A super nice build to be sure. But, I can't imagine sinking $50K into a Paul Smart Replica for AHRMA racing. I guess if you have the $$'s available, why not? I certainly don't. Hence, I continue to fettle BSA's and Cagiva's, and other mongrels . . . silk purses from sows' ears, so to speak.

Thanks Papa for posting and reminding me of how the other half lives.

Cheers,

Dave

Duck150 likes this.
  15. Duck150

That's what AHRMA is .... big bucks , hard to compete with that money, but fun to race those money boys....

16. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

All racing is about big bucks. Some guys have it others do the best they can. Been chasing the money boys for 25 years . Can't say I am jealous or hate it. If I had it I would spend it! Got to love it . Hate too crash it!

Duck150 likes this.