1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeler: RG400 race bike built to V5 rules, square 4 two stroke

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by uswjmc22, Apr 17, 2020.

1. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

sorry NOT Interested in trades at all folks. No other parts besides spare carbon cans. Bike has NOT been run, never tracked in fact.
    This is a nearly complete project bike as you can see in the pics. It DOES kick over, idle, etc as it is a brand new Lance motor.

New price $8500 CASH with bill of sale, located in Akron OHIO

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Damn, well someone buy my RGV so I can get this guys bike......!

3. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

No way man... I owned a rg500 for awhile back in the late 80s, Tommy Crawford pipes ,Marvic rims... fun bike no doubt..it's the power delivery that gives the RG the illusion of speed far more than it actually is....they were a true hundred thirty hundred 40 mile an hour bike back then which was phenomenal for 500 ccs and we'll definitely put a smile on anybody's face with athe wheelie potential

But NEVER would trade a nice RGV 250 like your vintage for one... Not in a million years.
    Don't get me wrong the RGV had fun straight-line acceleration... And the 500s have appreciated ridiculously in value...
    But for me the RGV 250 was of that era just about the Pinnacle of 2-stroke Japanese Factory development. We will never see it again... it's special.
    Don't get me wrong that 400 looks fun and all and it's more along that likes of what I would buy I prefer stuff that's modified to hell and back anyways..... but Given a choice... It's the RGV250 7 ways to next Sunday!
    But I am surprised that 400 hasn't sold by now especially on a racing forum.... Seems everybody wants a 1000 track day or race bike these days.
    I can have fun on anything from a ysr50 to you name it....
    That 400 should put a smile on a lot of people's face and ear-to-ear...no doubt

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  4. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

SOLD*****************

evakat, JBall, RRP and 1 other person like this.
  5. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

So cool. I had an RG500 for a bit when I was in the USAF in England. Fast bike for the day. On a brisk morning the RG would make 4 perfect smoke rings as it was warming up. I bought an 86 GSXR750 and it was all over for 2 strokes for me but the RG still hold a special place.