1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That would be the answer if there hadn't already been 2 years with a loaded legislature to get it done.

Now, though, both sides are wrapped up in a dick measuring contest and the only losers are lower-middle-class payday to payday government employees. And soon, WIC, SNAP, etc recipients. Both could be considered somewhat less than sympathetic groups due to their situations being at least partially brought about by their own poor financial/life decisions.

I don't know which side this is going to backfire on worse. Probably Trump, since the left controls the media.

code3ryder likes this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

While it is a favorite talking point of the LWNs, Congress wasn't stacked the last two years. The House had plenty of intelligent members to pass a bill, but the Senate did not.

cav115 likes this.
  3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

you hired him to build a wall that Mexico was going to pay for, no?

Newsshooter and SuddenBraking like this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ahhh damn it...

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Honest question: why not use seized drug money to build the wall?

gixxerreese likes this.
  6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Trump said they would pay one way or the other, maybe better trade deals, less aid, etc. Personally I don't care as long as we secure the border. If Mexico ends up funding a big chunk due to better trade negotiations then bonus. If they don't...IDGAF.

BUILD THE WALL!

badmoon692008, cav115, Britt and 2 others like this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Tax remittances and confiscate all property of illegals, gained from illegal acts.

But the reality is the demon cats would fight these also as the wantopen borders for more slaves. The party of slavery needs a dependent class.

blkduc likes this.
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Trump should just say he’s for open borders.

Boom! Democrats fund 700Billion for a wall.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

10. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Borders closed in 2011, and took Waldenbooks with them.

Potts N Pans likes this.
  11. code3ryder

Better trade negotiations isn't them funding the wall. It's us taking money that should be going to something else and paying for the wall. So, we're still paying for the wall. Lame .....

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Is anyone honestly concerned about cost , with all the other waste? when you consider that it should help reduce the billions spent on illegals annually?

I call BS :D

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And you hired Obama to fix immigration and healthcare.

Britt likes this.
  14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Not one bit.

The cost of letting this flow of detritus continue is much, much higher. Build the wall.

cav115 likes this.
  15. code3ryder

Thought we were taking about Trump

16. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are, but if you are going to hold people to standards, be consistent.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

19. code3ryder

If I should be mad that Obama didn't do those things to your satisfaction, then you should be mad that Trump isn't having Mexico pay for the wall (to my satisfaction). You don't seem to care who pays for it, just that it gets done. Many people don't care that there are flaws with Obamacare but just happy that more people have insurance. Be consistent.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When it comes to border security, one of the real responsibilities of our federal government, NO i don't mind paying for that.

As for healthcare, Obamacare didn't fix a damned thing while screwing up the remainder of the system. If he had actually accomplished something, I would applaud him. Insurance is part of the problem with healthcare costs, not the solution.

cav115, kangasj, auminer and 2 others like this.