1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

They "could" pick and choose what "Necessary Services" are provided or shut down... IF they wanted to... But they don't.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The FAA is working? We can fix that.

code3ryder likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

4. In Your Corner

5. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Translation:

"We're sitting around with our thumbs up our asses waiting for the bitching to get louder...when it does, we'll be able to do nothing"

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

crashman likes this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Trump donates his paycheck to charity, if that's what you are referring to.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: The whole stopping of the services that affect the people who pay taxes the most to advance a political agenda thing gets tiresome fast.

10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

blkduc likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

12. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Trump said he can just use an emergency order to get the wall built. Just fucking do it then. Get these hundreds of thousands of people back to work so they can pay their bills.

I know some people have a fuck all govt employees but these are people that can be evicted or have their credit affected by this. These are things that won't be fixed the moment the shutdown is over. Easy for Trump to say I'll let this go for years.

Also, you fire all the employees that call out sick? Who's going to replace them? Personally I think that's what's going to happens a couple of large groups that are workimg for free will just stop.

Str8-Lurkin likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

Nobody has even missed a paycheck yet.

14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I reject your facts! :p

I'm guessing that will become the meme that replaces "You have to pass this bill to see what is in it".

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If they are not necessary government positions, they shouldn't exist anyway.

16. code3ryder

If this continue on, people will, right?

Who decides that? What do you do for a living? Would your employer be better off without your position?

As I said before, I'm not against trimming the fat but you don't ruin this many people's lives to do it. This is especially true when you've had 2 years of control to get it done.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Are SS and military retirement and VA disability checks still going out?

It would be political suicide (and a dick move) to fuck with those, but ... if those three things were put on the table I guarran-damn-tee some shit would be getting done with a hurryupness!

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It's only 5 billion which is less than the aid sent there.... why are the Democrats so inconsiderate and hate those poor workers.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Because democrats are human garbage.

ToofPic likes this.
  20. code3ryder

Remember when Trump, in front of the world, said the shut down was his? Don't try and blame the dems for this. Again, 2 years in control and all of a sudden this needs to happen. Where are the repubs showing concessions in what they want to help fund the wall?

SuddenBraking likes this.