1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Apprehensions are noted on that chart, not traffic.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Cancer requires treatment regardless of the size of the tumor.

Zero is the only acceptable number.

G 97 likes this.
  3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

jrsamples likes this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So you must really be behind the whole vision zero thing for traffic as well. After all, if zero is the only acceptable number for illegal immigration, surely you would place the value of people's lives above that and want zero traffic fatalities.

Unobtainable goals are stupid. Zero illegal immigration and zero traffic deaths are both moronic unobtainable goals.

Set something attainable and measurable then work toward it. Then as you go along you can see if you are progressing against your goals and adjust if necessary.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

In this article https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2b0500840718 it states that the BP estimates 55-85% apprehension. So, from the chart above, that's 5,200,000 apprehensions in the last 10 years. At 85%, that's 780,000 not apprehended. At 55% that's 2,300,00 not apprehended. Either number, that's a lot of new illegal entrants in the country.

The article is interesting if you read between the lines. One dude says he'll wait until there is a different President. :crackup: So, what does that say about our border enforcement? It also says that there was 50,924 apprehensions in April 2018. That sort of flies in the face of the 303,916 in the chart.

Notice how this couple invested $12,000 to get a $9.60/hour job. WTF. Who in the hell does that? I think that this shows just how shitty things are south of the border for unskilled labor. Is that ever going to get any better? Not without a general rise in the standard of living of the people in those countries. So no, this ain't going away and the greater the population growth in those countries, the worse it is going to get.

For the future, the Dems have now stuck themselves into the corner that real border control is off the table.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Some non simpleton is being extra douchy this morning.
    And that’s saying a lot. :crackup:

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Which part, that she hired them or that she just happened to stumble on someone that fit her agenda?

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

We could build a wall and see if it reduces illegal entry.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

OK...192

10. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Since we are focusing simply on people crossing the Southern border on land illegally - For number's sake, let's say on average 2,000,000 people cross each year. The chart from CBP says in 2017 858,000 were apprehended, so it would mean 1,142,000 got through right? And now in 2017 303,000 were apprehended which means 1,697,000 got through?

Considering that staffing has GONE UP (also almost 50% from 2007-2017, as well as technology to assist agents), I would wager a guess that if the apprehension rate is going down, it's likely the overall number is coming down as well. I certainly wouldn't say that there are now MORE coming through. Certainly a correlation.

11. Fonda Dix

We dont have to see. Walls have been proven to work time and again regardless of what these anti Americans say.

12. Fonda Dix

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe, but not necessarily a specific ratio and certainly not enough to categorically state it isn't a problem.

14. Newsshooter

15. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Sure - but it seems the work done in 2006 had a positive effect, not many people disagree with that right?

There was a pretty solid decline in apprehensions when the barriers got put up, and people say the barriers helped. So if the work done in 2006 lead to a positive effect on illegal immigration and overall apprehensions dropped, why all of a sudden as apprehensions are dropping even more....is illegal immigration getting worse "exponentially"? Or worse at all? If those numbers correlated together 10 years ago...now they don't?

Also, our Northern border saw 3,000 apprehensions in 2017 - would you say we are doing a poor job of getting people there, or there just simply aren't as many people crossing overall?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No - but I did have a VW Thing as my first car :crackup:

I do laugh at all of his friends who are experts in stuff, then I think about the racing community and I see how it can happen :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So while we're on it - whatever happened to the caravan and their insistence they'd invade?

18. Newsshooter

The economic crash had more of an effect than the barriers. If immigration is such a problem why are farmers and ranchers having such a hard time getting enough workers?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe they want to hire legal people?

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

They tried and were gassed and repelled..it was on the news.. rocks were thrown, Teargas was launched.. news went nuts for Trumps Border Agents hurting thechilli'ns it was barbaric.