1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m getting tired of that excuse. The republicans need to grow some balls and call the press out on that shit. With all the social media and other platforms, they can get their message our if they want to.

Fake news

Drain the swamp

BHP41 likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Eff the libs. Eff the press. I'm tired of caving to their BS. Nancy and Schumer were for the wall, or some iteration, until Trump.

BHP41 likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This is Trump's fault. He had a majority for two years yet nothing was done. He let Rino Ryan run the show, just like he lets Rosenstein run the country.

He will fold.
    He will not win in 2020 because of that fold. This will separate him from his base, including me.
    Dems or another Rino will win.
    We will be back on the path to doom.
    In other words, we are f****d. We let in too many leeches and did nothing to make our own leeches contribute.
    Enjoy working for the benefit of others.

Boman Forklift and SuddenBraking like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why would he lose you, or other members of his base? Even if he doesn’t get it accomplished, he’s still better than any other option we have right now, unless somehow the whole party rallies around Rand Paul.

R Acree likes this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

We have gone 14 days without spending 25% of the government so-called budget. Does this mean we now have a balanced budget? Yipee!

6. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Turn off the FAA and see how long it takes for people to complain?

BigBird likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I know the practice has been to cut off things that cause pain. However, the concept that there are not services that could be eliminated with minimal impact is absurd. Congressional salaries would be a good place to start.

Banditracer likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Perhaps an amendment to tie congressional pay to the average median household income of the country is in order. Average American household only makes 60K a year...then so does the average American congressional representative...

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Not a bad idea, but maybe add a cost of living adjustment for the DC area. It is expensive to live around here. The government and even most businesses realize this and adjust pay, per-deim and hotel allowances accordingly. The adjustment should be the same one all federal employees get to keep congress from bumping theirs separately.

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I’ve thought this too, except it should be done by state median. After all, that’s who they represent.

They also need to get rid of healthcare for Congress. They should have to buy and have the same options as every other American that isn’t in on the hill. Want to see how fast Dems drop that Governent healthcare and purge government from all aspects of healthcare. Do that. They’ll be free market champions faster than speedy Gonzales

badmoon692008 and Banditracer like this.
  11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

No. They should rent what they can afford. You know, live among the people.

Str8-Lurkin likes this.
  12. Venom51

Nope they don't have to live there. Airplanes fly everyday...

If that's too much to ask we can put up some section 8 housing for them to live in while in DC.

bigtime and R Acree like this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So instead of giving them a decent wage to live in DC you are going to pay to fly them home and back all the time? That has to be one of the dumbest ideas I have heard in a while.

14. Venom51

No they can live in DC...in the same public housing that ask others to live in...

Did I say anything about paying them to fly...even then those are trackable expenses and they can fly coach just like most people. Do you think they aren't flying on your dime now?

It's time to pull those animals out of their country club and put them in the barnyard with the rest of the animals.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I have seen the mold and filth we expect our soldiers, sailors and airmen to live in.

F**k civilian federal employees.

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Oh here we go again with the "boo hoo my daughter is in the service and she isn't being treated like a princess". It's great she joined and all:flag: but... every third post you make sounds like that.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We should build an apartment complex and meeting room in south New Mexico, move Congress out there. They don't need to be in D.C.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Interesting that when they built the wall in towns and cities (San Diego for instance) the illegal crossings moved toward the desert for the most part. No mechanism is perfect but walls work. I hope Trump starts repeating daily how the Democrats are choosing illegal aliens over Americans. Pull one out of their cry bag and start trotting up someone affected by illegals, everyday someone new. Do it at the WH press conference, trot them out tell the story then end the press conference.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

I always thought most of congress earned most of their money ("fortune") from NOT their salary. i.e. it's mostly irrelevant if they make 100k vs. 200k a year?

20. Venom51

Are you foolish enough to believe they are there doing the job for the betterment of the country? It's always about money...even more so for those proclaiming at the top of the voice that it isn't.