1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The reports I have seen show illegal immigration is down not up, so can you explain your math for "growing exponentially?"

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Everything I’ve read recently has said that it’s doubled in the last 10 years.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Head of HR in manufacturing.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, when you travel to LVMS, do you go to a pawn shop and film a “reality” tv show?

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Leaving aside your misapplied math terms, I'd like to see something different than this.

I'm reminded of that great Supertramp album from, what? Mid 70's? Yep --1975. Came out under Ford. Imagine that.

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Reading their methodology is interesting, but just out of curiosity, how accurate could those numbers be when you have sanctuary cities actively working against the gov? Do you think they're really reporting the true numbers, or even reporting at all?

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

1 illegal invader is 1 too many.

Build the wall.

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Well, at least they do an undercount adjustment and a calibration to the 10-year census, but for sure, the numbers are estimates. The general process is similar to how most others do this (except those that base totals on head of household data from ACS). Its just that the only subgroup increasing at all is Central America, and its not exponential, and damn, its not even 2x linear. I am hoping ryoung will illuminate us with his "everything I've read".

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Exponential can be as little as two ;)

And that’s still almost 11 million people that shouldn’t be here.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Most of it is linked in this thread already.

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

She probably hired them to further her agenda, you know you can't trust the media. :Poke:

14. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Straight from the Border Protection website. It would seem it's more of a divide by 2, not multiply by 2. See the yellow line on the bottom.
    https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/media-resources/stats (U.S. Border Patrol Apprehensions From Mexico and Other Than Mexico (FY 2000 - FY 2017))

[​IMG]

15. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Maybe in your line of work you should do more research as this definitely isn't rare.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not to stir the pot without cause, but am I supposed to automatically assume there is an absolute tie between the rate of apprehension and the rate of illegal immigration?

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

They say. The real number is likely closer to 20 million.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Shhhhhhhh.

19. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Funny they keep talking about need for more border officers, judges, immigration workers while in 2000 they arrested 1.6 million and 2017 300k is crisis they cant keep up with.

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I suspect there is. How ever the correlation would be variable. When a caravan comes then the capture rate would be higher in comparison. When you are looking at VISA overstays I suspect the correlation is poor at best.