1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Walls don't/ won't work and Securing the Borders are not needed... keep up.

Yeah, with a B...Billions.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Keep up with your analogies? They are so far fetched that they make your argument ridiculous.

jase likes this.
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

LOL... Not likely as far fetched as your downplaying the need.. and ignoring the common sense of Border Security.

4. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

This slut is on the border, live reporting,, these goons just ILLEGALLY crossed the border in the last hour..but, I'm sure Bangladesh is not a terrorist shithole and they're here just to pick crops....
    https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/1083052581574848514

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So why is she a slut again?

trussdude likes this.
  6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

I'm sure she's not,,Sometimes I just can't shut it off..
    It's nice to see someone(a reporter) actually going to McAllen TX and seeing exactly whats going on, instead of just talking shit.
    She's streaming it on IG; https://www.instagram.com/scarterdc/

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Okay, that brings a frightening new angle to this discussion. These are not poor Mexicans looking for a better life. These guys came from the other side of the world. They’ve presumably illegally entered at least two countries to make it this far. Why, and how? And how many others are there?

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Or did they fly & ride, and walk a few hundred yards...

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If I go out in the yard and turn on a sprinkler I get more dirty then they do.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Because she's being talked about in the dungeon. :Poke:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Curious, how many billions of dollars does worth of expense it take for it to become a problem in your mind? Why should we be spending billions supporting people who enter the country illegally?

Is there a chance that the education system might be a little bit better if all the students spoke the same language? Just curious...

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Border security is not a crises.
    While a caravan of migrants being denied entry into the country is a crisis.

Liberals are whackos.
    2AC39C91-126B-427F-825C-9E1A1386E0A1.jpeg

14. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

It's not as straight forward as that article makes it seem - of course the parents are [typically] paying income tax and sales tax. Obviously it doesn't offset but certainly slashes that # down.
    These schools are now producing people that theoretically will go out into the workforce and continue earning money and paying taxes.

That article is 9 years old based on 11 year old information - now that our yearly #'s of illegal's entering the country are much lower (over 50% lower than 2008) it'd be interesting to see the math now.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It may be a hot topic issue that politicians are using to divert our attention from other things, but it IS still a major issue. It's just one more thing we waste money on, and also a potential tipping point for life as we know it in this country. The way the system is set up now, illegals enter and rely on democrat enclaves to avoid prosecution and utilize welfare benefits. If they were documented, we'd have a much better system in place for tracking, taxing, prosecuting the ones that break the law, and reducing fraud and waste on the welfare system.

That said, I wholeheartedly believe that we should streamline the immigration process and allow more people to come in legally and become registered, productive, upstanding members of our society. If they were "official", they'd be much less likely to be dregs on society. Nearly every Mexican person I know is an EXTREMELY hard worker and most have solid conservative values. They're forced to support democrats because our immigration policy subjugates them as criminals. Give them a means to be legitimate workers and business owners and they'll vote R their whole lives.

The other thing we've GOT to do related to this fence is clean up the drug laws and do away with the black market. Mexican drug cartels make the 1920's mob look like kindergartners. The amount of money flowing into their pockets is unfathomable, and with a few simple law changes, that could be diverted to US businesses and tax coffers, while at the same time reducing the burden on our court and prison system 10 fold. I promise you that when there aren't murderous bandits roaming every street in Mexico, the people would be more likely to stay home and make a life for themselves instead of coming here.

Yzasserina and rd400racer like this.
  16. sheepofblue

The number of kids has increased though. Also regardless of if they become productive later the fact remains that currently they are a big resource sink that punishes Americans and his concern was education.

Again a one time 5Billion wall vs a never ending stream of educational costs (among others)

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Well, I can certainly add my own anecdotal evidence. We ended up pulling my daughter out of school and homeschooling because it's gotten so gawd awful. I'd give it a good 50% reason behind that laying solely at the feet of the illegal offspring the school is forced to put up with. This is major tobacco farming land down here, so with it comes all that "cheap" labor. They pretty much live in one town, which makes up for about a 5th of the northern county's population. It's well known that you don't move to this town and you pretty much leave after the sun goes down. I have direct, first hand, experience with it, so yeah, I feel happy in shipping every damn illegal out of here. I can't imagine how much better the school would be if they weren't here. So the farmers would have to pay a better wage for their labor. Cigarette costs would go up. That's life. Again, my evidence is anecdotal. It's still real and how I've been affected by illegal immigration. I want the wall and better border security. I'm all for LEGAL means of immigration. I want them to have their better life. I also want them to follow our laws and customs. I guess I'm just a bigot though, one whose son's serious girlfriend is a legal, Mexican, immigrant.

Britt and speeddaddy like this.
  18. sheepofblue

Democrats got to have them some slaves to work the fields :crackup:

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

That 5 billion is a down payment, total cost is projected to be over 20 billion without cost overruns, and that never happens on a government project. :D

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar