1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed chair speech

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by auminer, Aug 23, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

What the hell did he say???

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Am I reading this right. Silver jumped a whopping 30 cents? HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! Grab your buggout bags and head for the hills :D

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Damn linear trends...

[​IMG]

4. ton

ton Arf!

Fed chair said they'd provide stimulus if necessary.

Silver and gold prices are obviously related to the opposite trend in the major markets as a result of trade war tensions. (WSJ snips)

upload_2019-8-23_9-58-43.png

upload_2019-8-23_9-59-37.png

5. auminer

You go right ahead and put silver in your bug out bag. I'll put lead in mine & take your silver any time I want. o_O

crashman likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

??? How'd you get that I'm filling my bug out bag with silver from that? I mean, there's got to be a little in there for werewolves and shit, but not much because they're pretty rare and only an issue during full moons.

7. auminer

That’s cute. Linear trends are excellent predictors of the future.

Until they aren't. :D

8. auminer

Garlic, man! It's lighter & tastes great on spaghetti!

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How’s life at the bottom of that sarchasm? :Poke: :Poke:

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's for vampires. Funny note - when I'm going out in the field to mark new sites, I'll swing by the hardware store and buy a couple packs of wooden stakes. If anyone asks what kind of project I'm working on, I always look at them with a straight face and say "hunting vampires".

Rico888, ducnut and bigtime like this.
  11. auminer

Kinda sucks silver's up from the 14-something range recently... I was hoping to add a few dozen more pounds to the ammo boxes in the garage.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sell a little, and when it goes back down, buy even more!

13. auminer

I ain't selling... with the ridiculous spreads involved in owning physical bullion, any sales I do eventually make will have to be private cash money sales to people found on craigslist or the like buying from me (hopefully) at spot because they are (hopefully) the greater fool at the time. Sales at pawn shops or on ebay et al are fraught with fees, taxes, and shipping costs that eat away the capital gains.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wouldn’t either, but that is the ultimate point of buying it right? To eventually sell it for more than the purchase price?

15. auminer

Eventually. Definitely under the table & quite likely in another nationality. Gold would be more efficient, but with tungsten having a nearly identical SG, it's way easier & more cost effective to fake gold bars & coins.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Isn’t gold a lot softer than tungsten? Or do people frown on you scratching into their gold bars to make sure they’re real?

17. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Gold and silver have been steadily moving up as the currency war talk has been ramping up. They've been taking a beating for several years though, although the buying opportunity has been good.

auminer likes this.
  18. auminer

It definitely has been an opportunity... I'm saddened that it seems to be over, perhaps ending... silver still has a low ratio to gold.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Considering it wasn’t all that long ago Ag was $45+/oz...

20. auminer

An artificial, unsustainable bubble. I never did fully suss out that one's cause,,, perhaps this weekend... :beer: