1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatties are victims too.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Sep 29, 2019.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Though that does make you a stupid twig :rtfrb:

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This thread is making me hungry.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It took you two attempts and one night to come up with this? :D

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I thought this kind of nailed it and apparently its timely. I quit smoking cigarettes a couple years ago and spent the last ten years feeling like I was inhaling nothing but social shame every time I lit one.

5. sheepofblue

I was processing astrophotography and working while spoiling the Shelties.... you were low on the list twig!

Oh I forgot and talking to my brother who borrowed my stuff to put on a dirt track race...need motorhome tires I think :( Probably from hauling me around right :crackup:

6. In Your Corner

Do you give any credit to that shaming for giving you
    the impetus to finally quit?

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

No - strictly kid related. Having my first at 38 when I'd been smoking since I was 14 doesn't take a rocket scientist to sort out. Wasn't fair to do to my lady.

malamute, TXFZ1, G 97 and 1 other person like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whatever it took...:clap:

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The title is a gross oversimplification of the researchers’ work. Though I guess anything else wouldn’t make a good headline. Some of the suggestions are ridiculous, but then there seems to be useful suggestions with others. “People with obesity”? Stop treating people like children. If they’re fat, they’re fat. You can be accurate and not mollycoddle people without humiliating them.

The rise in obesity is a complex phenomenon borne out of societal change, food and agricultural policy, and individual choice. That being said, you can lose weight if you actually want to. I’ve done it and kept it off. It takes a ton of deliberate effort, making yourself uncomfortable, and resisting social pressure to eat shitty food.

Most people simply don’t have the dedication or self confidence to make the necessary changes. That’s why fad diets are popular. People want it quick and easy. Just drink some stupid shakes for a month and you’ll lose all that weight it took 15 years to accumulate.

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

At the end of the day it’s all about moderation across the board. A balanced diet. Losing weight is a simple combination of using more calories then what you take in.

condon66 likes this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Screw that. Gimme another Pepsi!

1396972700000-XXX-Pepsi.jpg

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You know who is fun to be around? Fat n happy people that's who. Ever notice how Buddha is always smiling? Because he is fat n happy that's why.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not one mention yet about Mongo and pie? This place be slippin’.
    8B468AE1-6D40-43EB-BFA2-AE69ABE79A8C.jpeg

15. sheepofblue

If it ain't honey baked apple it sucks.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And Santa.

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yup, you don't hear Santa complaining and making excuses. He even demands his cookies.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Santa is old though and we know old means crotchety, so it must be a faux smile or some weird resting happy face.

19. In Your Corner

There are a lot of clues that Santa is a closet drinker.

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep...the red nose, rosy cheeks, walking around saying ho,ho,ho all the time. I think he might also be a pedophile.