1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest Journalist Turns 1:32.0 ...

Discussion in 'General' started by TSR, Jan 18, 2001.

1. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

From: http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=64

Fastest Journalist Turns 1:32.0 On Aprilia RSV Mille R At Homestead
    The fastest lap time turned by a journalist at Miami-Dade International Speedway during the January 16 Aprilia press intro was a 1:32.0 on a RSV Mille R fitted with OEM Pirelli tires.

The fastest rider at the intro was Roadracing World's Racing Editor, Chris Ulrich, who was making his first visit to Homestead.

Wait, first you say you fired the kid, now he's promoted to Editor? I gotta get to CA, so I can get fired and become a CIO. [​IMG]

I'm just yankin' yer chain, JU. Tell the kid "congrats", especially given that it was his first time there, and on street tires.

2. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Good stuff.

3. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

His masthead title has not changed, he did a good job on a recent assignment, and he got a chance to go to a press intro for a not-much-changed bike. I can't be everywhere at once.

He also did a 1:26.54 on a stock, not-an-adjuster-turned, sidestand-and-turn-signals-equipped (and with mirrors in place), stock-suspension GSX-R1000 at Willow Thursday. That time would have won Open Superstock on Sunday.

He also gets credit for sniffing out the Team Green cutback story. He's like TSR--a few rough edges, but improving all the time.

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

His last article in RRW was kick ass. Laughed my ass off at the mention of some journo who's thinking about making a come back because there is not any competition in the AMA 250's. Good reading. [​IMG]

5. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Yeah, I read his column for the first time in well over a year because of our recent debate: I imagine that his chances of landing a job at Sport Rider will be pretty slim for a while... That was funny, though [​IMG]

6. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Since I'm gushing, allow me to say that I read Nicky and Chris' articles, and really enjoyed them both.(Feb '00)

When Nicky stated that at least there weren't any police when he flew into Owensboro, I busted a gut. The rest of the article about Japan was great. Also, to read that he couldn't hang with the GP guys in the chicane, I realized that we're all mortal, with limitations, even a Hayden.

Chris' was very good and showed that he's up for the new challenge of racing editor. I think that he's taking it seriously, and I look forward to reading him in the future.

7. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Hayden had me rolling on the floor! [​IMG]