1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fair/average price on Groms

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, Jun 3, 2020.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

looking for a street legal Grom/Z125 to use as a pit bike and maybe riding around town.
    what's a fair price the used market is going for.

Obviously i dont need anything new or mint.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Tree-fiddy. Same as always. :D

track wagon likes this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

2500ish used. Dont get one thats stretched or stunted. they are usually beat to shit. Think of minis/rental car abuse and figure something like that. LOL

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

do you guys care about ones with suspension for those that are "size sexy" ?

5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

and are there any years to avoid or target?
    what about the Z125's?
    either work for me as they can use the Pitbull TRS pins.

6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Honda East has them for $2800 BFN every now and then. Always tempting when I swing in...

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The kawasaki is a turd compared to the grom. Plus soooo much more aftermarket

skidooboy and roy826ex like this.
  8. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Damn you
    Inquiry sent for that and new wave runner lol

JJJerry likes this.
  9. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I paid $2400 for a used 2018 with Yosh exhaust and a few other things last year.

Suspension does make a world of difference if you plan on taking it to your local go kart track for some mini moto fun.

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Where are you located? I may be convinced to part with my 2017 for a reasonable price.

I live in Central Floriduh

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Massachusetts. I won’t be competing down there till October & December. I’ll be at Roebling in August though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Kart tracks don’t have a mini bike series near me. Closest would be NJMP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I'm obviously biased since I'm selling one, but I don't really disagree with anything here.

Suspension is night and day if that's what you value in a bike. If you're tooling around in the pits, and don't care, then probably less so.

Aside from the cosmetic and ABS changes, there were also a few ergo changes from pre-2015 to later. The older seats are a bit more "dirtbike" like while the newer ones have a step.

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm in Maryland and I have a 2017 with 820 miles on it. Ohlins, Brembo front caliper, clip-ons, rearsets and a $99 exhaust from Amazon on it to reduce the weight. I used it for MiniGP last year a few weekends. Oh I've also changed the gearing -1F/+2R. The drain plug is safety wired per requirement. It's never been down, got a few blemishes here and there from tie downs and such.

I have an Ohvale now for MiniGP.

I'm considering putting it up for adoption to a new home. I'd entertain offers if you're interested, PM me. Happy to send photos. It's red.

Oh, and I have PitBull TRS pins for it and a new unmounted set of Dunlop TTR93's that would come with it.

I'd be willing to meet you around Philly/New Jersey to do the exchange.

15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's probably way over my range for a pit bike

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Let me know if you decide to part that out.

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Pm me you’re range. Never know. It’s a Grom. Not a Panigale.