1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face masks (NON COVID/ NO POLITICS)

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Apr 27, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

So I’ve been throwing around the idea of getting a really high tech face mask to just wear whenever I’m outside. My concern is air pollution in the city and micro plastics in the environment. both are proven to have long term adverse effects. we are buying a nice air filter for our loft and switching to non plastic food/drink storage. What sayeth the beeb.

been looking at this one from will.I.am. Has active air inlet jets with Honeywell filters, active exhaust, Bluetooth earbuds built in and a microphone inside the mouth of the mask.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

In!!!!:Pop::D

3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I say this one's gonna go BIG.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I live in S. Cal too, but if I was that worried about air pollution, I would just move somewhere else.

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Well that’s not an option. So let’s just tuck that idea neatly under the table :D

but it’s funny. When you’re traveling on the 10 freeway in from Arizona around cabazon you can literally see the wall of pollution where civilization starts.

SGVRider likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’d say move too……..however easy for me to say from a few thousand miles away.And ditch the plastics for food. Glass,SS.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

When I drive into the LA basin from Montana, it tricks me every time. I would swear that there's a massive fire. Nope, just smog. Its a lot better than it was in the 70's though.

Maybe move next to the beach. The onward flow keeps the beach air pretty clean.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It follows your persona on here that this is a real request. But, your mention of “active air inlet jets” and Bluetooth is just absurd.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

continue…

10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

If you guys didn't pollute so much, you wouldn't need that shit. :D:crackup:

Wheel Bearing and Banditracer like this.
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

well I try to limit my own contribution to pollution and waste, I wouldn’t preach to anyone else about their lifestyle it’s just a personal choice.

As far as the masks go, I also am exposed to an infinite amount of cancer causing substances at work all day every day. i am already wearing a protective paint suit all day while I work. The other techs make fun of me for it. I actually bought this mask to wear along with it all day because its form fitting, protects my face skin and filters out particulates. But the company went belly up due to supply chain issues and pretty much everyone who paid for a mask got boned. Including me. I was thinking about designing one of my own similar to this for work environments

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

In on page 1

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If you want to study masks: do these masks filter the particles in smog that concern you? Years before Covid the Japanese would wear masks everywhere if they thought they were getting ill to protect others around them. I’m a little skeptical that wearing any of those masks will protect you.

For the rest of your babbling: Microplastics is a stupid hippy buzzword that won’t actually affect you. Glyphosate’s are more of a real concern that you should investigate. I know very little about the actual prevalence of lead, but the ill affects of it are very well documented and worth avoiding.

Phl218 and metricdevilmoto like this.
  14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yeah, but what if you also needed attention as much as you needed air ...

Phl218, YamRZ350, Bruce and 4 others like this.
  15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...on+humans&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Who better to make a pollution mask than a b level rapper. What could go wrong?

Maybe Lil somebody will make some safety harnesses. Or hardhats. I cant wait for safety goggles by Luke Bryan. Or hearing protection by Billy Ray Cyrus.

badmoon692008 and Rebel635 like this.
  17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If you want to show that you've been mentally dominated you could always go old school with rubber ball in mouth and gag strap.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

When I hear will.i.am all I can think about is Fergie.

sanee likes this.
  19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

i have to admit, the added advantage for me would be it keeps my stupid cock holster shut unless necessary

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

the guy who designed the masks designed spaceX’s space suits