1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F3 Float Issue?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CR750, Sep 12, 2013.

1. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I just started My F3 and it had lots of gas smoke. I pulled the tank and air box and found lots of gas in the vent tube. I started it with the breather off and it is perfect but when I put the tank on the smoke started up after a couple of minutes. Just curious if it is the fuel pump or a float not sealing, Thanks for the help. Hoping the bike will practice tomorrow and race this weekend.

Thanks
    jon

2. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

So I unplugged the fuel pump and it appears to run fine. Weak needle valve or bad fuel pump? As a side note I really never figured out how these fuel pumps work without a return.

3. southsidejack

southsidejack Well-Known Member

The pump has a pressure sensor that shuts it off before it over powers the needles. It is possible that has gone bad. If it has you should hear or feel the pump running a lot. When it works correctly it only clicks intermittently.

4. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Yep that what it was doing running way too much. I took it out and tapped it hard a few times put it back in and everything is happy.

5. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I would recommend getting a rebuild kit. Because sure enough, it will fail at the worst opportune time.

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

While you're in there,K&L makes a point kit specifically for those.Go 'head and replace them.If not,clean the contacts.Do not rub hard,just clean them nicely.