1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX250/250R Racing Everything you need to know

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 15, 2010.

1. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Yes no problem. We do 2 hrs even at tws on a tank with one rider stop between fueling. No problem at all. And these are top 3 laptimes with a big guy on the bike.

2. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Man, I managed to read all of this thread since Mon...."Huff-Daddy" and I had an epic battle at RRR last weekend. Read all of this thing to get to go fast secrets. I hope to make a couple more before the GNF. It would be great to have a few more than 2 on the gird, but it was an endurance weekend in Penn. and all. After reading about Peter's laptimes at RRR, I'm anxious to get back out and try to improve on mine. Anyway, is it too early to ask who's going to Tally?

t11ravis likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Huff told it was a damn good battle. Glad to see him having a good time.

ruckusracing likes this.
  4. ruckusracing

Just wish I had one of my cameras on the bike to record it. Especially when we split a novice going into turn 1 at the 1 board

5. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Pretty damn good :D

6. vance

vance *

Question regarding what's remaining on my safety wire per the rule book list:
    Brake pad retaining pins
    Speedo and tach cables
    Brake torque arm (don't think the 250 has one)

7. vance

vance *

And pics of damper installs. Ever seen head shake on a 250??? :)

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

The age old question... :D
    PM me your email, I'll send some over right now.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, and known people to crash from a tank slapper on a small bike too... ;)

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

IMAG0799_1.jpg

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

12. vance

vance *

That's actually very nice, Metalhead.
    Who makes that?

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Man that's cheapo EBay. They're all over it for around $100. Works frickin great. 7 settings.

14. ruckusracing

that is like my mount....but, mine is all thread welded to the frame and a old gsxr damper mounted to the left clamp bolt via some angle aluminum. will try to get a pic for you

15. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

Can anyone post a pic of how you safety wire the oil pressure switch if you have? Can it be drilled?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

16. vance

vance *

I didn't drill the switch itself, just the banjo bolt. There's a ton of meat on the banjo bolt. Can post a pic tonight.

17. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

If your damper is super awesome, the guys in tech will be so dazzled they won't notice if you are missing a brake caliper. Because weight savings...

18. britx303

People still race 250's?.........:D

ruckusracing likes this.
  19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Is there still more than one of them on the planet? Then you know the answer.

t11ravis likes this.
  20. britx303

I'da loved to have kept mine,but everybody up here quickly ditched them for 300s.